Customer Education Manager
Las Vegas, Nevada /
Customer Success & Sales – Customer Care /
At Teachable, our mission is to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish that, we continue to build upon the largest site builder for online courses and expertise and develop strategies to make our creators increasingly successful.
We’re looking for an experienced customer support manager who will be responsible for the daily activities of our Customer Care team members across our NY, NV, and NC offices. The Customer Care Team provides support to all Teachable end users via email and chat. Reporting to the Director of Customer Operations, you’ll work closely with colleagues in the three offices to ensure customers have an effective and consistent experience when requesting support from the Customer Care Team.
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Las Vegas, NV. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m local time. Potential to be on-call during evenings and weekends as needed.
- 2-3+ years managing 6+ people
- 2-3+ years of Customer Support experience
- 1-2+ years of Project Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Aim and strive to make customers happy
- Open-minded to newer and older support channels including phone, live chat, and email.
- Highly process-oriented and use data (when available) to make informed decisions
- Great communicator, willing to listen to all pertinent information before making decisions
- Great mediation skills, experience de-escalating customers
- Strong ability to multitask
- Experience mentoring and coaching and developing people
- Lead and manage a team of Customer Educator professionals including ticket reviews, growth and development, team building, and training.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships between the NY, NV, and NC support locations.
- Provide daily direction and communication to Customer Educators to ensure that customer responses are submitted in an efficient and accurate manner to meet desired customer satisfaction and performance metrics.
- Provides quantitative and qualitative performance feedback and coaching through weekly 1-on-1’s and other initiatives with team members.
- Fosters and maintains a high-quality work environment through team building initiatives and continuing education, so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Administers QA to their respective team.
- Assists with the daily operations of the Customer Care Team.
- Oversees weekly team meetings to review issues and address questions.
- Collaborate across the department to ensure information is communicated to the team appropriately.
- Confirms that there are accurate and up to date training material and resources for new hires and on-going training for existing Customer Educators.
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.