Internal Controls Analyst
Remote (United States) /
Finance – Finance /
At Teachable, we believe shared knowledge has the power to create a better world. We’re on a mission to enable others to share what they know and monetize their knowledge. Through thoughtful tools and resources, we help transform expertise and know-how into thriving online businesses.
Developing and maintaining strong internal controls practices is critical to our ability to scale. If you have a strong eye for detail, are good with numbers and are passionate about helping Creators build thriving businesses, we encourage you to apply for this role, which reports directly to our Financial Controller.
- Map the processes and controls necessary to comply with current legislation applicable to the company (SOX)
- Recommend and implement process improvements, optimizing productivity, safety and compliance
- Establish controls and indicators to measure the effectiveness of the internal controls environment
- Maintain and improve the company’s risk matrix, flows and narratives
- Assist in implementation of various projects within the Finance team
- Assist with various external and internal audits
- Partner with teams internally and across our parent company Hotmart Co.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting
- Strong written communication skills with fluency in English
- 2+ years of accounting or internal controls work experience, startup or SaaS a plus
- Knowledge of process and controls frameworks (COSO and COBIT)
- Strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to different scenarios in a startup environment
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in MS Office and the G Suite
- Experience working in public accounting and/or CPA license a plus
- ERP or Accounting Software (QuickBooks Online and SAP a plus)
- Month end close software (FloQast a plus)
- Data management and analytical skills (Sigma a plus)
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.