Senior Front End Engineer
San Juan, PR /
Full Time - Remote
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
We are looking for a curious and passionate front-end engineer with a drive towards building products that people are fanatical about to work full-time on Typing.com. You’re less concerned with patting yourself on the back for well-written code and more concerned with quickly and efficiently delivering value to our users, but without taking on technical debt. The ideal candidate has experience working with products at scale and the nitty-gritty details of performance optimization.
Skills & Background
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly written (as a remote company, we heavily emphasize written communication across all departments)
- Production experience with React and Redux
- Experience architecting a React project from scratch
- React deployment experience
- Experience with backend development languages and/or concepts
- Knowledge of CLI tools (Yarn, WebPack, Babel, etc.)
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- A positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Understanding of Node.js
- Experience with Mocha or equivalent testing platform
- Experience with legacy libraries like Backbone, jQuery, and Underscore
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Company-owned laptop
- Flexible office hours
- Ongoing education assistance
- Annual company retreat
- No requirement to disclose private health information
Sorry, we will not transfer or sponsor visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We care deeply about the culture at Teaching.com and have put together a manifesto outlining our values, communication, and product management strategies. Prospective employees will learn a great deal about what it's like to work here by reviewing it.
As a small business, operating fully-remotely, we are currently not required to enforce vaccine mandates as a condition of employment.