VP/Senior Director, Marketing APJ
Sydney, NSW /
701 - Marketing – Marketing /
WHO WE ARE:
Tealium is the trusted leader in the customer data industry. We believe unified customer data is an organization’s most valuable asset and greatest competitive advantage. We help brands seamlessly unify their siloed customer data and applications in real time and drive more profitable interactions across all touchpoints. Tealium’s Customer Data Hub (CDH) enables you to connect your data so you can connect with your customers.
Founded in 2008, Tealium’s patented and award-winning solutions are used by over 1,000 of the world's most innovative brands, including Sony, Providence St. Joseph Health, Cambria Health, T-Mobile, Hulu, Uber, Facebook, Expedia, Hyatt, Barcelo Hotel Group, Sportsbet, Utah Jazz, American Airlines, The Gap, Orange, and many others.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an exceptional VP/Senior Director, Marketing APJ to help oversee and
expand Tealium’s global marketing initiatives in the APJ region through strategic digital
programs, field events, conferences, webinars which result in increased lead generation, brand
awareness, and customer engagement. This role will work closely with the Global Marketing
team to drive Demand Generation and Marketing efforts across the region as well as the Sales,
Sales Development, and Customer Success organizations to drive alignment with the Revenue
teams to ensure better conversion as a whole.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
- Leads APJ marketing programs, working with Tealium's global marketing team as well as in-region strategic partners.
- Develop and manage APJ marketing strategy including owning marketing sourced and influenced revenue and pipeline numbers.
- Cultivate and execute a regional PR plan in conjunction with global PR program and initiatives.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Collaborate with sales leadership to manage, measure, and optimize all aspects of the lead pipeline to ensure accurate and timely delivery of high-quality leads to a multi-tiered sales and channel organization.
- Understand the concepts of an “Ideal Customer Profile” (ICP) to optimize the funnel (acquisition, deal acceleration, retention, expansions) activities.
- Collaborate with Corporate marketing team and third parties to develop a localization strategy to plan, translate, and embed localized content.
- Work with corporate Director of Demand Gen to help build a localized integrated demand generation program.
- Partner closely with Tealium corporate marketing and business development teams to ensure proper messaging, timing and execution of one-off and always on marketing programs across email, web, advertising, content syndication and account-based marketing.
- Manage external agencies and associations as required.
- Contribute to the development of the annual marketing plan for APJ to create awareness and build pipeline for planning in the market.
- Help manage and execute events in APJ; covering both Tealium-led, partner-led and externally organized events.
- Analyze campaign performance and make recommendations for optimization and future enhancements.
WHY YOU ARE THE RIGHT FIT:
- Must have 6+ years (Dir) 10+ (VP) of hands-on experience as a senior-level marketing professional or equivalent, with ownership of a country marketing number and management of direct reports
- Ability to thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with remote teams as well as independently to see initiatives through to completion
- Capacity to understand Modern Revenue Machine concepts such as Ideal Customer
- Profile, Account-Based Marketing, and conversion rates with a data-driven approach around scoring of MQL, SQL, SAL, into Opportunity
- Understanding Point Product as well as Platform based SaaS GTM (Go-to-Market) strategies
- Understanding the GTM of Corporate/ Commercial, Enterprise, and Strategic Segments
- Experience managing field event logistics, including vendor/venue selection, project management, event promotion, budget management and performance tracking
- Extremely detail-oriented and is able to clearly and concisely manage expectations
- Demonstrated leadership of hiring and developing top talent
- Strong ability to influence at all levels, internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- Strong understanding of demand generation and revenue attribution
- Passion for building campaigns and pipeline
- Worked for a B2B SaaS software company
- Experience and comfort with public speaking required
- Marketo and SFDC experience required
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium and our Customer Data Hub (CDH) makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity. Organizations from start-ups to large global enterprises are utilizing Tealium to unify their customer data in real time and drive improvements in their overall data strategy. Over 1,000 global brands trust Tealium, and in an increasingly noisy market we are proud to maintain best-in-class renewal rates of >90%. When our customers are happy, we’re happy.
At Tealium we dress casually (but professional), enjoy a flexible paid time off policy, rich benefit plans, company holidays, and employee Stock Options - just to name a few. Not to mention we get to surround ourselves with some of the brightest minds in the business. If you are interested in being a part of Team Teal, we’d love to hear from you!
TEAL celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. It is our continuing policy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. TEAL does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.