San Diego, CA /
206 - Product Management – Product Management /
WHO WE ARE:
Tealium is the trusted leader in the customer data industry. We believe unified customer data is an organization’s most valuable asset and greatest competitive advantage. We help brands seamlessly unify their siloed customer data and applications in real time, and drive more profitable interactions across all touchpoints. Tealium’s Customer Data Hub (CDH) enables you to connect your data so you can connect with your customers.
Founded in 2008, Tealium’s patented and award-winning solutions are used by over 1,000 of the world's most innovative brands, including Sony, Providence St. Joseph Health, Cambria Health, T-Mobile, Hulu, Uber, Facebook, Expedia, Hyatt, Barcelo Hotel Group, Sportsbet, Utah Jazz, American Airlines, The Gap, Orange, and many others.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
At Tealium, our technical writers are responsible for creating and maintaining product user guides, third-party vendor integration documentation, and technical blog articles. The team's mission is to drive customer enablement through the clear and concise written communication of Tealium platform features, use cases, and thought leadership. The Technical Writer plays a key role in this objective by collaborating with our engineers, customer support specialists, marketers, and designers to create, edit, and maintain technical content.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You are deeply driven to create documentation for every problem you encounter.
- You are accustomed to trying new technologies, learning how to use them, and sharing your findings with others.
- You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You have a special interest in marketing technologies such as tag management, web analytics, or a/b testing.
- You are an effective communicator, both written and spoken.
- You have focused attention to detail.
- You are open-minded, fun to work with, and collaborative.
- You have a strong desire to make an impact at your next company.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Create and maintain high-quality product user guides, technical documentation, and technical blog content.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand our product features and third-party integrations in order to document thorough use cases.
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts to extract tribal knowledge for our online knowledge base.
- Work with designers to review prototypes and create UX copy.
- Educate yourself on industry topics related to our platform such as GDPR, ITP, CCPA, and ML.
- Research and draft blog articles on relevant topics, such as: Using geolocation data for proximity tracking, Chrome SameSite warnings, Cross-domain tracking.
- Proofread and edit technical documents written by others.
- Use a variety of authoring tools such as WYSIWYG editors, Atom, GitHub, and Google Docs.
- Create content in plain text, HTML, and Markdown formats.
WHY YOU ARE THE PERFECT FIT
- You are a polished technical content creator and editor, with samples of your work to share.
- You have a minimum of 2 to 5 years experience as a technology writer or in an equivalent position.
- You have a proven record of interviewing subject matter experts to create documentation of complex product features and custom technical solutions.
- You have demonstrated competence with Google GSuite, Jira, GitHub, and other modern collaboration tools.
- You understand the SaaS business and can write for an audience of developers and marketers.
IDEAL SKILLS (PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED)
- You have experience working with a static-site generator (SSG) such as Hugo, GatsbyJS, or Jekyll.
- You have experience implementing a data layer and a tag management solution.
- You have experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, and Snowflake.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium and our Customer Data Hub (CDH) makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity. Organizations from start-ups to large global enterprises are utilizing Tealium to unify their customer data in real time and drive improvements in their overall data strategy. Over 1,000 global brands trust Tealium, and in an increasingly noisy market we are proud to maintain best-in-class renewal rates of >90%. When our customers are happy, we’re happy.
Our corporate HQ is located in sunny San Diego, just minutes from the beach and surrounded by beautiful hiking trails and the renowned Torrey Pines golf course. Our location is just one of the many perks we enjoy; At Tealium we dress casually (but professional), enjoy a flexible paid time off policy, rich benefit plans, company holidays, 401(K) match, and employee Stock Options - just to name a few. Not to mention we get to surround ourselves with some of the brightest minds in San Diego. If you are interested in being a part of Team Teal, we’d love to hear from you!
TEAL celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. It is our continuing policy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. TEAL does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.