Mid-to-Senior Software Developer (React)
Birmingham, AL /
Builders – Builders /
Full Time, Remote
Airship is a creative design and custom development company that delivers high-quality software solutions companies can rely on to turn ideas into reality. We are a remote-first company with a passion for creating incredible experiences and having fun while doing it! We encourage and support one another and we always strive to pursue excellence and provide value in all that we do. (Check out the Airship Story here!)
We care deeply about understanding our customers — from their business goals to their users’ needs — to make our partnership and software solutions as wildly successful as possible.
We are looking for Mid-to-Senior React Developers who will create amazing, thoughtful experiences for our customers while passionately striving to understand their problems and goals. The ideal candidates will be lifelong learners who not only love creating delightful experiences both for web and mobile platforms but also desire to be thought leaders in the software development world.
(At this time, we are looking for U.S.-based applicants only. Thank you!)
We build experiences that create transformational change for our crew, our clients, and the communities we serve.
- Team Focused
- Customer Obsessed
- Growth Minded
- Humbly Confident
Your skills ideally include the following:
- Experience using React
- Experience with TypeScript.
- An understanding of software design and inherent tradeoffs.
- Experience estimating backlogs and helping clients determine the best order for dependencies and features.
- An understanding of accessibility best practices.
- Proficient in unit testing.
- Proficient in version control workflow and best practices with git.
- React Native experience is a bonus!
If you ______, we want to hear from you!
- Seek to continuously learn and grow, as a programmer and person
- Are passionate about best practices surrounding user experience and software design
- Love solving problems and brainstorming with teammates and clients
- Are always looking for ways to improve a product or process
- Are comfortable articulating technical solutions to clients and teammates when needed
- Experience working within self-organizing teams
- Value transparency, teamwork, and clarity in a work environment
- Enjoy free-lunch Fridays!
Airship is a group of passionate problem-solvers that values client and user experiences just as much as the software, wireflows, and high fidelity designs we produce. Our crew is a close-knit team spread across 13 states: we hold each other accountable, challenge ourselves to pursue excellence in everything we do, and are intentional about making work/home life harmonious.
Airship is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace where all of our crew members are accepted and celebrated. In order to create transformational change for our clients and in our communities, we must start with a diverse group of minds and experiences on our crew.
Our positions are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. All aspects of working at Airship including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email Kathleen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (205) 530-5441, ext. 2.
Ready to come aboard? Let’s make this happen, Cap’n! Apply via Lever.
You can also check out our most recent yearly performance and get a glimpse of life aboard Airship via Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
NOTE: U.S.-BASED APPLICANTS ONLY, PLEASE