Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Birmingham, AL /
Builders – Builders /
Full Time, Remote
We are looking for well rounded individuals experienced in software architecture design and implementation. The ideal candidate knows their way around our core frameworks Ruby on Rails and React/React Native and can be effective across our stack.
Airship builds products for a wide range of clients with different needs for custom software. The right individual knows how to creatively apply our core frameworks to solve interesting problems. Our clients trust us to be technical experts and to guide them through the process of custom software development.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to build software from the ground up and knows how to take client requirements and translate them into scalable software solutions.
NOTE: U.S.-BASED APPLICANTS ONLY, PLEASE
Airship is a quickly growing company with many opportunities to jump in and own things. The right individual is self motivated and proactive when it comes to solving problems. Our core values are #Team-Focused #Client-Obsessed #Growth-Minded and #Humbly-Confident and we live those values when building customer software and interacting with clients daily.
If you are growth minded and these values are important to you, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
If you _______, we want to hear from you!
- Seek to continuously learn and grow, as a programmer and person
- Are passionate about best practices surrounding user experience and software design
- Love solving problems and brainstorming with teammates and clients
- Are always looking for ways to improve a product or process
- Are comfortable articulating technical solutions to clients and teammates when needed
- Experience working within self-organizing teams
- Value transparency, teamwork, and clarity in a work environment
- Enjoy free-lunch Fridays!
Your skills ideally include the following:
- Ability to architect scalable software solutions from the ground up.
- Proven and proficient experience using Ruby on Rails and a frontend framework (ideally React with a plus for React Native)
- Experience estimating backlogs and helping clients determine the best order for dependencies and features
- Confidence in semantic HTML structures and foundational CSS knowledge
- Proficient in automated software testing
- Proficiency in API design and best practices
- Working knowledge API frameworks like GraphQL
- Proficient in version control workflow and best practices with git
- Proficient knowledge of the greater RubyGems package ecosystem
- An understanding of web design and inherent tradeoffs
- Experience with code review and pairing with other developers as needed
- Initial interview | Meet with our Director of People Ops Kathleen for a 30-minute Zoom video chat. We’ll learn more about your software development journey and get to know you as a potential crew member.
- Technical Take Home & Interview | We’ll give you a software problem and ask you to architect a solution including the schema, API and layout design. We know you are busy, so you’ll have three days to produce the architecture.
- Once you’ve completed the architecture, we’ll schedule a time for you to go over the solution via Zoom with Senior Lead Builder Hunt Burdick. We’ll be curious about why you chose the path you did and the benefits vs the cons. (Bonus points are given for scalable, fault resistant approaches.)
- Team Interview | In the team interview stage, you’ll meet with a sampling of Airship crew members. You’ll get a chance to ask them about their Airship work experience and we’ll get a chance to see how you fit with our team!
- Final Interview | The final interview is a 30-minute Zoom video chat with our CEO Trent Kocurek.
- A remote work environment. Work where you’re most productive!
- Group health and dental insurance plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Apple MacBook
- Free lunch Fridays!
- Professional growth time each week
- Access to continued education
Salary Range | $100,000 - $120,000 per year
Airship is a group of passionate problem-solvers that values client and user experiences just as much as the software, wireframes, and high fidelity designs we produce. Our crew is a close-knit team spread across 16 states: we hold each other accountable, challenge ourselves to pursue excellence in everything we do, and are intentional about making work/home life harmonious.
Airship is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace where all of our crew members are accepted and celebrated. In order to create transformational change for our clients and in our communities, we must start with a diverse group of minds and experiences on our crew.
Our positions are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. All aspects of working at Airship including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Airship is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email Kathleen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (205) 530-5441, ext. 2.
Ready to come aboard? Let’s make this happen, Cap’n! Apply below.
You can also check out our most recent yearly performance and get a glimpse of life aboard Airship via Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
NOTE: U.S.-BASED APPLICANTS ONLY, PLEASE