Senior Software Developer (React Native)
Birmingham, AL /
Builders – Builders /
Full Time, Remote
Join our amazing crew to be part of an adventure of a lifetime! At Airship, we value professional and personal growth for all our crew members and take pride in our pursuit of excellence – not just in our work and client services, but also in the company we’re building together.
Airship is headquartered in Birmingham, AL, with a strong focus on remote culture. In fact, we have crew members spread across 16 states!
If you don't see a position that matches your skills, we encourage you to still send your information using this general application so that we can contact you once a job becomes available.
We exist to create transformational change through remarkable experiences.
- Team Focused
- Client Obsessed
- Growth Minded
- Humbly Confident
If you ______, we want to hear from you!
- Are a team player who uses commitment, humility, courage, focus, openness, and respect to help their team succeed.
- Seek to continuously learn and grow, as a programmer and person
- Are passionate about best practices surrounding user experience and software design
- Love solving problems and brainstorming with teammates and clients
- Are always looking for ways to improve a product or process
- Are an effective communicator and are comfortable articulating technical solutions to clients and teammates when needed
- Have experience working within a scrum team
- Are a self-starter with a positive attitude
- Value transparency, teamwork, and clarity in a work environment
- Enjoy free-lunch Fridays!
Your skills ideally include the following:
- Proven experience using React Native.
- Experience with TypeScript
- Proficient in unit testing.
- An understanding of accessibility best practices.
- Proficient in version control workflow and best practices with git.
- Experience estimating backlogs and helping clients determine the best order for dependencies and features.
- Experience with code review and pairing with other developers as needed.
- Bonus points: battle scars with CocoaPods.
Airship is a group of passionate problem-solvers that values client and user experiences just as much as the software, wireflows, and high fidelity designs we produce. Our crew is a close-knit team spread across 16 states: we hold each other accountable, challenge ourselves to pursue excellence in everything we do, and are intentional about making work/home life harmonious.
Airship is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace where all of our crew members are accepted and celebrated. In order to create transformational change for our clients and in our communities, we must start with a diverse group of minds and experiences on our crew.
Our positions are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. All aspects of working at Airship including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email Kathleen at email@example.com or call at (205) 530-5441, ext. 2.
Ready to come aboard? Let’s make this happen, Cap’n! Apply via Lever.
You can also check out our most recent yearly performance and get a glimpse of life aboard Airship via Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
NOTE: U.S.-BASED APPLICANTS ONLY, PLEASE