Bilingual Family Support Specialist
Santa Fe, New Mexico /
Home and Community-Based Services – Community Support Services /
Full-Time / Part-Time
TeamBuilders is a community-based behavioral health organization with a vision to provide unconditional care to adults, children and families. TeamBuilders’ commitment also translates to its employees and their families. TeamBuilders truly promotes work-life balance and creativity. TeamBuilders encourages employees to pursue their passions, participate in educational opportunities, and enjoy the work they do. TeamBuilders offers supervision and training opportunities to all its staff. TeamBuilders also sets high expectations for achieving excellence in service to the community. The pursuit of excellence is fundamental to employee success and growth within the organization.
The Community Support Specialist (CSS) coordinates and provides services and resources to clients/families necessary to promote recovery, rehabilitation and resiliency. The CSS is accountable to the Program Manager/Director and receives clinical support from the Clinical Coordinator/Supervisor, Clinical Director, and Medical Director. The CSS works in collaboration with all staff and treatment team members. The CSS is responsible for working in partnership with clients to conduct intake, strengths-needs assessment, triage, safety planning, care coordination, in-home skills therapeutic activities, crisis intervention services, and Plan of Care development/implementation/evaluation.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field plus 1 year of experience working with SED children; or,
- Associate degree in a human services related field plus 2 years of experience working with SED children; or,
- High School Diploma or General Education Development plus 3 years of experience working with SED children; or,
- Meets the minimum requirements as a Certified Peer or Family Specialist (CPS/CFS) by the State of New Mexico.
- Obtained a Criminal Records Clearance (local, state, and FBI).
- Maintains certifications in First Aid and CPR.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently establish positive relationships, and to work effectively and cooperatively with clients, families, colleagues, staff, and community members.
- Has a thorough knowledge and use of community resources.
- Must be computer literate in order to effectively maintain compliance with state and federal standards and requirements for use of computerized client assessments, data systems, etc.
- Must also have and maintain a clean driving record and active auto insurance coverage.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-cultural English and Spanish, preferred.
TeamBuilders is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.