M.Gemi – Merchandise Planning and Logistics
M.Gemi, headquartered in Boston, MA along with offices in New York and Florence, Italy is redefining the luxury products industry by leveraging the uniqueness of Italian manufacturing combined with a technology and data driven predictive supply chain engine. By challenging the long standing design and manufacturing process, we are delivering new products to market in record time and selling direct to the consumer through a state of the art digital platform as well as physical showrooms. As the only brand in the world that delivers new collections of luxury shoes every week, we have a loyal (some say obsessed) and rapidly growing customer base.
Recently named one of Boston’s “50 on Fire” and backed by top tier venture capital firms, M. Gemi is a fast growing direct to consumer start-up with a passion for using technology to reinvent and accelerate eCommerce. We leverage best-of-breed internal and external technologies, coupled with data science and analytics - of which the result is a disruptive business model that creates an exceptional omni-channel customer experience and a revolutionary data driven supply chain operation.
Our team of data scientists, engineers, product managers, analysts, supply chain experts, multi-generational Italian shoemakers, and passionate creatives are reinventing online consumer shopping experiences, supply chain, experiential retail and accessible luxury.
The Category Manager will develop and implement business plans to support sales and margin growth. Accountable for revenue, margin, merchandise plans, open to buy, sell-thru, pricing, and the assortment plan.
- Develop and drive financial targets and KPIs (revenue, margin, inventory turn)
- Responsible for subcategory level OTB to project inventory needed to support sales plan
- Determine optimal inventory investment by style, option and size to support sell through and margin objectives
- Integrate data driven techniques and data science tools into the planning process
- Partner cross-functionally with Marketing and Programming to ensure strategies are aligned with inventory receipts and strategies evolve with sales performance
- Maintain consistent pricing strategy to ensure that brand and margin goals are balanced and maintain M. Gemi’s objective of delivering luxury product at a great value
- Perform historical and actual analysis of seasonal performance and identify key learnings that will support the development of the future merchandise plan and assortment strategy
- Analyze sales data and identify areas to optimize revenue and margin; collaborate cross-functionally to drive change
- Execute inventory management strategies including reorder and on-order adjustments that drive rapid response to sales performance
- Build strong relationships with Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, and Data Science teams
- 5+ years of experience in buying and planning in a digitally native setting
- Highly analytical yet comfortable operating in scenarios with limited data
- Strong communication skills and ability to interfacing with senior leadership
- Organized, detail orientated, and highly accountable
- Strong ownership of your individual metrics with an awareness and interest in related departments
- Passionate about driving overall M.Gemi growth
- Self starter, works well in early stage/startup environments
- Solutions oriented, dedicated to solving problems better and faster
- Ability to prioritize in fast paced high growth environment