Acquisition Marketing Manager (Facebook, PPC, Native)
M.Gemi – Performance Marketing
M.Gemi is redefining the luxury products industry by leveraging the uniqueness of Italian manufacturing combined with a technology and data-driven supply chain engine. By challenging the long-standing design and manufacturing process, we are delivering new products to market in record time and selling direct to the consumer through a state of the art digital platform as well as physical showrooms. As the only brand in the world that delivers new collections of luxury shoes every week, we have a loyal (some say obsessed) and rapidly growing customer base.
Backed by top tier venture capital firms, M.Gemi is a fast growing brand with a passion for designing must-have products, while using data science and a unique supply chain to reinvent and accelerate the luxury footwear market.
Our team—located in New York, Boston, and Florence—is comprised of outstanding talent that crosses the spectrum and is united in our devotion to quality and innovation at every touch point, from unparalleled client service to disruptive retail experiences, and of course, creating exceptional products, from shoes to store to website. We seek highly ambitious, creative problem solvers to join our quickly growing team.
The Digital Marketing Manager, Acquisition will be responsible for the strategy, support and execution of our digital marketing initiatives that reach millions of people across multiple channels. You will implement and manage digital campaigns across multiple channels with a heavy emphasis on paid social (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest), paid search, native & content, display and video to help us grow, scale and efficiently acquire new customers. This role will also work closely with our retention and activation teams on email & lead conversion as well as our brand team on influencer & affiliate programs.
Playing a key role on our acquisition squad, this role will manage healthy budgets, internal and external timelines and have significant ownership of the customer journey from creative and targeting through landing pages and conversion. This role will also provide agency support to ensure their efforts produce the best possible work for M.Gemi. This role reports to the Director of Performance Marketing.
- Reporting to the Director of Performance Marketing, lead our paid, direct-response campaigns across paid social, search, video and select native channels
- Explore new and emerging acquisition opportunities, executing and optimizing new campaigns that unlock new growth channels for us
- Manage the strategy and daily execution of our paid Facebook and search channels from large campaign initiatives through daily bid management, working with agency support when applicable
- Scale existing customer acquisition channels by monitoring what’s working and helping to design full-funnel experiments to optimize existing efforts
- Perform ad hoc analysis to identify factors that improve acquisition performance through the lens of both customer and revenue growth
- Aid in the strategy and development of ad and landing page creative, owning a testing schedule to drive consistent, incremental improvements through feedback & iteration
- Work with our merchandising and programming teams to ensure we have the right product and programs to deliver on our acquisition targets
- Partner with our data science team on robust measurement plans to track progress across major KPIs and enable improvement through actionable insights
- Manage communications with internal teams, external vendors and agency partners
- Create and maintain acquisition marketing KPI reports
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years of relevant, digital marketing experience in a highly analytical role. Prior experience working at start-ups or e-commerce companies preferred.
- In-depth, first-hand experience with bid-management platforms and self-serve, (programmatic) paid media required
- This role will initially focus very heavily on Paid Facebook & Instagram, so a thorough understanding of Facebook’s paid advertising platform with experience managing direct response campaigns on the web, mobile web and native mobile apps is a must; bonus points if you have experience with a PMD such as Nanigans, Marin, Kenshoo, Smartly etc.
- Experience in generating quantifiable results in digital marketing for direct response, using data to inform strategy and decision making.
- Have used Google Analytics (or similar measurement platforms) to manage results across multiple channels, focusing on incremental ROI
- Experience in search across AdWords & Bing and/or have closely managed an agency in this area
- Attention to detail with a creative eye; have experience working with creative teams to help guide a direct response creative strategy that works with our media plan and provide meaningful feedback
- Excel and/or Google Sheets and experience with pivot tables
- Ability to work cross-functional with multiple teams and a natural entrepreneurial spirit
- Eagerness to build, measure and learn in a high-growth, high-speed, dynamic environment
- You are extremely organized and a self-starter
- You are resourceful and accountable
- You are not afraid to ask questions and learn best when you’re breaking things down and reassembling them
- Appreciate a simple and elegant solution over a complex and demanding one
- Have a solid understand of e-commerce and what makes people behave the way they do online
- Are clear and concise in your written and verbal communication
- Know the best practices and keep up with trends in digital marketing, particularly programmatic media
- Thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- You’re naturally curious and interested in turning data into actionable insights; you know how to tell a story with numbers, not just words