CRM & Email Marketing Manager
New York, NY /
Trade – Marketing /
At Trade, we’re creating a new kind of marketplace for coffee, one that brings the best of locally roasted coffee to consumers across the country. They get to discover new coffees and flavors regularly, all while supporting local business.
We are emerging as an industry leader in direct-to-consumer coffee, and we’re growing all the time. Our digital platform provides access to the best craft-roasted coffee you can find anywhere, and personalizes the experience for each individual, which allows us to reach a wide population of coffee drinkers—from beginners to aficionados.
The Trade team is a group of good people who are high-performing and passionate, and our work environment is a collaborative, inspiring space where you can grow and thrive.
Trade is looking for a CRM Manager to own the development and execution of our customer lifecycle marketing by creating meaningful transactional opportunities and engaging customers around Trade. As a member of our Growth marketing team, you must understand the inner workings of our business and customer journey, and pair data analysis and customers insights with optimized creatives to craft compelling experiences for users.
Candidates must have a passion for CRM marketing and building relationships with customers through multiple touchpoints. Trade is a fast-paced environment, and you’ll be expected to solve marketing problems independently, collaborate cross-functionally, and adapt to the needs of the business and work towards set goals. Attention to detail, quality of work and reliability are all integral to success.
- Oversee the creation, management and optimization of large scale, multi-channel CRM programs to nurture and improve consumer engagement and support key business initiatives, with a specific focus on email and SMS, but also extending to other channels, current (site) and future (app/push). Key communications include: welcome/activation series, transactionals, triggers, and weekly newsletters.
- Define customer segmentation, build multi-channel journeys, design A/B tests, report on business performance, and optimize efforts.
- Work cross-functionally, partnering with Product/Technology, Data, CX and Marketing/Design teams to execute strategies that acquire new customers, drive retention, and long-term customer value.
- Increase the sophistication and success of our program through an understanding and implementation of industry best practices, current trends, new technologies, and regular/iterative testing, and by identifying actionable insights from customer data.
- Own all aspects for new communications including creative development, coding, QA, scheduling, monitoring and post analysis, ensuring the data and creative meet standards set by our teams. Speed is important, but quality and accuracy are paramount.
- Understand and own the data and events that trigger our programs, building in checks and automating processes to streamline and work more efficiently.
- Diligently work to improve the customer experience in an ongoing way, thinking critically about what is right for the customer.
- Passionate about online marketing, and CRM in particular, with insight into the creative and targeting to reach specific goals.
- A person with exceptional project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- An analytical thinker who has a passion for data and analysis and wants to learn the technical back-end systems to help support campaign development and execution.
- Eager to collaborate with relevant teams and people of all levels, who can explain complex topics with ease and get people on board with their thinking.
- A scrappy team player, who will actively pitch-in wherever necessary.
- Is comfortable working in a dynamic, high-growth environment which would require flexibility and the ability to switch between strategy and execution.
- Exhibits curiosity and an interest in continuously learning and honing their craft.
- Someone that wants to grow with us and make our marketing efforts best-in-class with a positive attitude and dedication to Trade.
At a minimum, you have...
- 3-6 years of experience in B2C digital marketing, with demonstrated success building successful CRM programs. At least 1-2 years of experience working with a subscription or recurring payment product.
- Fluency with email and SMS, the underlying data and the systems/tools that support CRM. Hands on experience with vendor migration and advanced personalization are a major plus.
- Managed complex audience segmentation strategies and multi-channel customer lifecycle programs from conceptualization to completion.
- A bachelor's degree.
- Competitive salary and vacation offering
- Comprehensive health/vision/dental benefits and 401K
- Opportunities to personally shape a new and innovative marketplace
- A role on the ground floor of a recently-formed company with an experienced leadership team and deep talent bench
- A commitment to transparency and collaboration, starting with regular all-hands meetings and team lunches
- A seemingly never-ending supply of amazing coffee
This is a full-time position based out of our office in New York City.