Community Manager/Assistant Store Manager Hudson Yards NYC
New York, NY
M.Gemi – Retail
M.Gemi, headquartered in Boston, MA along with offices in New York and Florence, Italy is redefining the luxury products industry by leveraging the uniqueness of Italian manufacturing combined with a technology and data driven predictive supply chain engine. By challenging the long-standing design and manufacturing process, we are delivering new products to market in record time and selling direct to the consumer through a state of the art digital platform as well as physical showrooms. As the only brand in the world that delivers new collections of luxury shoes every week, we have a loyal (some say obsessed) and rapidly growing customer base.
Backed by top tier venture capital firms, M.Gemi is a fast growing direct to consumer brand with a passion for designing must-have products, while using data science and a unique supply chain to reinvent and accelerate the luxury footwear market.
Leveraging the Italian heritage of handcrafted shoemaking, with a modern way of engaging with clients, coupled with data science and analytics - the result is a disruptive business model that creates an exceptional digital and physical customer experience and a revolutionary data driven supply chain operation.
M.Gemi Hudson Yards is our first flagship location, based in the heart of New York City’s newest neighborhood, Hudson Yards. It’s an opportunity to join a fast-growing company, in a ground-breaking retail development, offering our most high-touch and immersive brand experience for our customer.
As Community Manager/Assistant Store Manager you will be at the ground level of building and developing the most unique shoe-shopping experience, including a cafe-inspired space, VIP client appointments, and inspired customer events. With a dedicated and entrepreneurial spirit, growth opportunity for you is endless.
In this role, you will serve as partner to the Store Manager to create an outstanding experience where clients fall in love with the brand and achieve sales goals/key store KPIs. You will play a key role in building community in our store; develop relationships with Hudson Yards retailers, our top customers, and like-minded organizations to design special offers and events to increase awareness, and drive sales within our store. In this role, you will partner closely with our social media and marketing teams to create content within the store; capture daily moments, customers to amplify our store through social channels. You will take a lead role in planning in-store events working with influencers and PR and marketing teams.
You will support and work in conjunction with the Customer Experience team by tracking inventory issues, handling priority orders, and delivering on specific customer requests.
- 3+ years of retail experience, being in a supervisory or managerial position
- Passion for delivering exceptional client experience
- Experience in building and executing client events from ideation to execution
- Proven ability to lead, coach, and build relationships with a diverse team
- Have the qualities of a good host; a certain energy that exudes a warm inviting spirit
- Ability to facilitate the full client experience with an outward focus that takes faux pas moments in stride
- A driven and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience building and leveraging community relationships to create brand awareness through social media and events
- Knowledge and passion of building interest and engagement through social media platforms
- Effective problem-solver and able to navigate through sticky situations