New York, NY
M.Gemi – Creative
Based in New York, Boston and Italy, and backed by top tier venture capital firms, M.Gemi is a fast growing direct to consumer brand with a passion for designing must-have products, while using data science and a unique supply chain to reinvent and accelerate the luxury market. Our team of passionate creatives, engineers, product managers, supply chain experts, multi-generational Italian shoemakers, and merchants are reinventing online consumer shopping experiences, experiential retail and accessible luxury. As the only brand in the world that delivers new collections of luxury shoes every week, we have a loyal (some say obsessed) and rapidly growing customer base.
The Senior Stylist will own all facets of merchandise and wardrobe styling for M.Gemi photography and videography, which include still life, on-figure and editorial shoots.
This individual will establish outfitting direction for the brand. They will build from scratch, and maintain, an on-trend wardrobe. The Senior Stylist will bring products, and the M.Gemi brand, to life through their selection and styling of merchandise, wardrobe and talent. The Senior Stylist will ensure style and quality are on-brand and will ensure daily production timelines and throughput goals are met.
- Style on-brand, elevated looks
- Always mindful of the customer experience, prepare and style product (primarily shoes) in accordance with story / style guidelines and with key differentiating product details in mind
- Work closely with Photographer and Photo Art Director to ensure imagery is representative of product with regards to color accuracy, pertinent / differentiating details and overall product quality
- Maintain set with photo production team to organize workload for the day, and meet daily expectations
- Shepherd and care for samples throughout the photo process
- Maintain a fully stocked kit at all times letting studio coordinator know of any special ordering needs
- Prepare inspiration and mood boards
- Ensure all props are present at the studio when required
- Strong and thorough knowledge of designers and brands
- Impeccable fashion and styling sense with commercial awareness
- Understanding of digital photography, production studio pace and efficiency
- Background in art, design, fashion, merchandising or photography
- 3 - 5 years of styling experience
- Strong communication skills and excellent ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Flexibility and patience with the ability to accommodate last minute additions to schedules and changes in direction
- Ability to work with a team to accomplish deadlines and production efficiency