Customer Experience Agent
New York, NY
Trade – Customer Experience
Love coffee? We do too. Trade is a well-funded digital marketplace that inspires people to make better coffee. We curate a selection of the country’s best roasters who take exceptional care in sourcing and roasting incredible coffees and overlay an experience that makes discovering and buying great coffee easy and rewarding. We bring the joy of a delicious cup of coffee from your favorite roaster into your home.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Experience, Customer Experience Agents represent the Trade brand and deliver extraordinary service experiences for both our customers and roaster partners. You will have opportunities to problem solve across a wide spectrum — one moment helping a customer perfect their French Press technique and the next solving a technical question about e-commerce order processing. CX Agents communicate constantly on behalf of the company and represent the voice of the customer and roaster partners in our growing business. We'll count on you to build fiercely loyal customer advocates, even when things get busy or stressful. Of course, it's also important that you genuinely love coffee and that you're eager to share that passion with the world!
This is a full-time position based out of our office in New York City.
- Address all inbound customer and/or roaster partner queries via phone, email, and live chat.
- Enthusiastically educate our customers on all things coffee — from roaster values to taste profiles to how to make a better cup of coffee at home.
- Work with customers to efficiently address transactional hiccups, such as technical order processing issues, payment concerns, or delivery questions.
- Support and guide customers as they navigate our coffee, subscription, and equipment catalog; connect customers with the coffee experience that will meet their brewing needs.
- Gather business intelligence through surveys, customer conversations, and session recordings.
- Share front line insights with company leaders and recommend new growth, experience, and efficiency initiatives.
- Engage in defining critical CX processes to support the growth of the company and the team.
- Take the lead on ad hoc projects to provide the company with greater insight into customer needs, behaviors, and preferences.
- Test out new and innovative customer and partner communication channels.
- Help onboard roasters to our equipment and processes, including technology portals and fulfillment procedures.
- Be a positive contributor to the Trade office environment and culture as we continue to grow and evolve.
- Energized by the prospect of working directly with customers and roasters on a wide range of topics.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Confident in your ability to maintain positive dialogue even in high-stress situations and “win back” customers where necessary.
- Technologically proficient and a quick adopter of the unfamiliar.
- A coffee lover who's excited to dive 10x deeper into the subject.
- Someone with a 'can do' attitude who'll do what it takes to get the job done.
- Learning-oriented, open to providing and accepting feedback.
- Hard-working, with a sense of humor and belief in balance.
- Experienced in the world of customer experience, whether in contact centers, hospitality, retail, or somewhere else.
You preferably have...
- Prior CX Agent experience in an customer-centric e-commerce business.
- Working knowledge of SOLIDUS or similar e-commerce platform.
- Working knowledge of ZenDesk or similar customer support system.
- Amazing coffee!
- To be in on the ground floor of a newly formed company with an experienced leadership team.
- Opportunities to personally shape this new and innovative marketplace.
- Competitive salary and vacation offering .
- Health benefits and 401K.