Store Manager Hudson Yards NYC
New York, NY
M.Gemi – Retail
M.Gemi, headquartered in Boston, MA along with offices in New York and Florence, Italy is redefining the luxury products industry by leveraging the uniqueness of Italian manufacturing combined with a technology and data driven predictive supply chain engine. By challenging the long-standing design and manufacturing process, we are delivering new products to market in record time and selling direct to the consumer through a state of the art digital platform as well as physical showrooms. As the only brand in the world that delivers new collections of luxury shoes every week, we have a loyal (some say obsessed) and rapidly growing customer base.
Backed by top tier venture capital firms, M.Gemi is a fast growing direct to consumer brand with a passion for designing must-have products, while using data science and a unique supply chain to reinvent and accelerate the luxury footwear market.
Leveraging the Italian heritage of handcrafted shoemaking, with a modern way of engaging with clients, coupled with data science and analytics - the result is a disruptive business model that creates an exceptional digital and physical customer experience and a revolutionary data driven supply chain operation.
Hudson Yards is our first flagship location, based in the heart of New York City’s newest neighborhood, Hudson Yards. It’s an opportunity to join a fast-growing company, in a ground-breaking retail development, offering our most high-touch and immersive brand experience for our customer.
As Store Manager you will be at the ground level of building and developing the most unique shoe-shopping experience, including a cafe-inspired space, VIP client appointments, and inspired customer events. With a dedicated and entrepreneurial spirit, growth opportunity for you is endless.
As Store Manager you are responsible for the daily performance and operation of the store. You will lead the team in sales, client experience, and operational excellence. As Store Manager you will hire, train and develop a team of store “Fit Experts”; motivating, and empowering that team to perform their best. You will work closely with the Area Director to achieve the sales plan, a clienteling program, and scalable operational procedures.
Responsibilities of the Store Manager
- Attract and hire a phenomenal sales force of brand storytellers responsible for sales, building client relationships and sharing our unique brand narrative.
- Train, develop and motivate a team of “Fit Experts.”
- Continually evaluate the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results
- Resolve all employee relations matters in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
- Report weekly traffic, sales, and service summaries to corporate leadership team.
- Analyze available sales reports to determine the needs of the store and set business strategies
- Set individual sales goals for “Fit Experts”, ensuring goals reflect store business goals
- Develop events/incentives that will continue to grow customer base, with particular emphasis on building local market
- Manage client database and utilize information to increase sales and client contact
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise; ensure selling team is fluent in all aspects of product knowledge
- Implement and maintain all merchandising directives and ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies
- Ensure the visual presentation of the store is on brand and fashion forward
- Demonstrate the art of exceptional client experience by communicating the brand story, and executing customer service best practices
- Partner with Area Director to develop a seamless customer journey at all touch points, both physical and digital.
- Assist Fit Experts with various customer service issues i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise
- Control store expenses and maintain budgets, continually striving to reduce costs
- Schedule “Fit Experts” to maintain adequate floor coverage while maintaining payroll budgets
- Ensure integrity of payroll and the payroll process
- Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in luxury retail management
- Full understanding of specialty luxury retail, including business development, visual merchandising and store operations
- Strong leadership, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Proven ability to lead, inspire, and direct staff
- A positive, high energy personality that is entrepreneurial, sales focused and takes full ownership of the store’s business at all levels
- A mentor able to teach and manage skills in client experience, selling, and operations
- A creative thinker that can bring fresh ideas and concepts for events, partnerships, and marketing program
- Passion for footwear, Italian craftsmanship, digital innovation, and social media a plus