Social Media and Community Marketing Manager
New York, NY
M.Gemi – Brand Marketing
M.Gemi is redefining the luxury products industry by leveraging the uniqueness of Italian manufacturing combined with a technology and data-driven supply chain engine. By challenging the long-standing design and manufacturing process, we are delivering new products to market in record time and selling direct to the consumer through a state of the art digital platform as well as physical showrooms. As the only brand in the world that delivers new collections of luxury shoes every week, we have a loyal (some say obsessed) and rapidly growing customer base.
Backed by top tier venture capital firms, M.Gemi is a fast growing brand with a passion for designing must-have products, while using data science and a unique supply chain to reinvent and accelerate the luxury footwear market.
Our team—located in New York, Boston, and Florence—is comprised of outstanding talent that crosses the spectrum and is united in our devotion to quality and innovation at every touch point, from unparalleled client service to disruptive retail experiences, and of course, creating exceptional products, from shoes to store to website. We seek highly ambitious, creative problem solvers to join our quickly growing team.
The Social Media Manager drives the strategy and day-to-day execution of social media, affiliate, influencer, and ambassador channels. Playing a key role in building brand affinity and reach, this role serves as the leader for all things social, driving the brand’s social media reach and roadmap forward with rich, engaging content and creative new tactics. As part of the brand marketing team, this individual will be responsible for planning, strategy and execution to support brand goals of shifting perception, new client acquisition and retention.
In this role, this multitalented creative will help support key brand and business objectives leveraging social, influencer, and affiliate channels to drive impact primarily in the following areas: create word of mouth moments through their channels to drive awareness and acquisition; help drive retention initiatives through new and innovative programming; bring the brand to life through social/content channels with an eye on surprise and delight.
Affiliate + influencer Marketing
- Drive brand awareness and demand for new products through influencer and media partners
- Identify brand-right and impactful personalities and outlets to launch new products and reinforce brand messaging
- Data-driven optimization of our programs for driving qualified traffic and acquiring new customers
- Grow our list with qualified followers and support specific campaigns
- Oversee and manage all influencer placements/campaigns including gifting, contract negotiations, reporting and budgeting
- Serve as the social media expert and content strategist, bringing to current knowledge of the landscape & tools (posting, analytics, etc.)
- Strategize, manage, develop and execute a monthly multi-channel content calendar for social platforms that both supports product/brand campaigns and tells the brand story in our aesthetic and voice
- Create compelling, original and platform-specific content in partnership with content creators as well as Marketing, Creative and Copy teams, as well as with the Direct marketing team to balance organic/promoted content strategy
- Manage all aspects of social content including scheduling, sample trafficking and external communication with multiple partners
- Monitor (and/or partner with monitoring agency) social channels and campaigns, analyze and report performance; provide actionable and insightful reports to help inform go-forward strategy
- Manage social media contracts with external vendors; track and monitor budget accordingly
- Partner with internal cross-functional and channel partners, as well as external partners to manage deadlines, budgets and asset delivery
- Work closely with Brand Marketing, Copy and Creative ensure all deliverables maintain brand standards
- Nurture community through continuous dialogue and engagement; actively engage in dialogue with community via social channels
- Maintain community content calendar to ensure communication aligns with brand and business priorities
- Use feedback and insights from community engagement (social media, affiliate and influencer channels) and share with cross-functional teams in real time to help the business evolve its strategies in a timely fashion
- Make good judgement calls on the fly
- Be a strong storyteller, wordsmith, a solid photo editor, and even a videographer if need be
- Can be creative and scrappy, creating relevant content with limited time and budget
- Track and analyze performance, using data and quantitative insights to inform strategy
- Thrive working in a fast-paced and scaling organization
- Live, breathe, and love the world of social. If you want to submit your cover letter in emojis, we’d allow it