San Antonio, TX
Leadership Program – MGR /
As the Director of Income Tax, this role will be responsible for managing tax department functions, including the preparation of federal and multi-state income tax returns, as well as providing support for income tax provisions.
- Review federal and multi-state income and franchise tax returns, along with all supporting workpapers.
- Review quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Address and resolve tax notices and handle other miscellaneous tax-related matters.
- Prepare supporting calculations for interim and annual income tax provisions.
- Provide requested tax information to various departments within the organization.
- Ensure adherence to established income tax processes and procedures by overseeing internal control activities.
- Work with the Partners to identify and implement tax planning initiatives and process improvements.
- Supervise a team of staff-level tax accountants.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Advanced degree with a focus on U.S. taxation (preferred)
- CPA certication
- Minimum 8 years of experience in handling consolidated U.S. federal income tax returns, multi-state income tax returns, and income tax accounting
- Strong knowledge of tax regulations and compliance requirements