Senior Software Engineer
Engineering – Product Engineering /
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work" and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work."
TeamSnap is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our fully distributed engineering team and continue our impressive growth from 25 million customers to beyond! Our stack includes Go, Ruby/Rails, Elixir, and Node. Similar roles include: Software Engineer / Developer, Platform Engineer / Developer, Cloud Platform Engineer / Developer, and DevOps Engineer.
Our engineers collaborate on technical challenges that enable them to learn new skills and grow their careers (article here). From a recent hackathon, we released the first-in-industry health check screening for teams. This led us to win the2021 Big Innovation Award! For more, check out our engineering blog.
To deepen our connections with each other, we collaborate in pair sessions, virtual team swarms, and asynchronously within Slack.
What You'll Do:
- We are building distributed systems based on services, events, and an open API. Experience building, maintaining, and scaling these is key.
- Leverage previous experience building and maintaining distributed systems.
- Work with partner teams to build best-in-class youth sports solutions.
- Improve the performance and reliability of the TeamSnap Platform (web apps, APIs, backend services, microservices, databases, CI, serverless functions, etc).
- Design, build, and maintain functionality, services, and applications to continue our rapid growth.
- Work with product and dev managers to break down complex technical initiatives into executable tasks.
- Help out anywhere your talents are required, including staying in touch with our internal customers' needs.
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- Experience as a technical lead for large projects on high-scale, distributed software systems.
- Knowledge of Golang and a functional knowledge of Ruby and/or NodeJS.
- Experience with frameworks and libraries surrounding your areas of expertise, such as Echo and Rails.
- Experience with direct usage of SQL and general database administration knowledge.
- Experience monitoring, scaling, optimizing, and hardening Golang web services and APIs.
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members as well as being open to developing yourself.
- Ability to debug complex issues in a distributed system.
- A "Test-First" attitude and experience writing automated tests using a TDD, BDD, or whatever *DD methodology you vibe with.
- Experience contributing to automated build and deployment systems.
- Creating and deploying services and applications within a PaaS or Service Mesh.
- Experience with container driven development and Kubernetes.
- Experience building and deploying applications to GCP
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The minimum starting point for this role is $130,000, inclusive of base and bonus, with comp updated based on multiple factors. Our comp is highly competitive in our space and we adjust overall comp based on relevant experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, and South Dakota, and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap Swag to keep you looking sharp
• A monthly stipend for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap and this includes four employee resource groups: Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and the Talent Acquisition Task Force, designed to reduce unconscious biases in our hiring practices. We hold ourselves accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.