Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (Multiple)
Engineering – Brands /
TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We value trust, communication, and fun more than big company policies. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
From a recent hackathon we released the first in industry health check screening for teams to help ensure members are healthy before competition of any kind. This had led our team to win the 2021 Big Innovation Award presented by the Business Intelligence Group!
To deepen our connections with each other, we also love to travel to fun locations across the country for all-company gatherings, team meetings, and the like.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building engaging new communication, commerce, and content features for our users.
- Building new onboarding flows for users as we seek to continuously optimize.
- Implementing custom sponsored experiences that are a win-win for our customers and brands.
- Creating scalable and performant endpoints for our incredibly popular apps.
- Working with the team to design new services and systems to support product features.
What You Need To Succeed
- Experience leading projects for web apps and services at scale.
- Experience with direct usage of SQL and relational databases such as MySQL along with migrations, profiling, and optimization of such databases.
- Excitement for building great solutions and user experience.
- A sense of humor… or at least sympathy-laugh at our bad jokes.
- Experience working with functional programming concepts.
- Familiar with Hooks and Component Lifecycle in React.
- Ad Tech experience delivering and creating great user experiences.
- Experience with Docker-based development environments and Kubernetes-based production environments.
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Dolittle-style.
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides you with a phenomenal culture, opportunities to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. Benefits include:
- We're not just remote, we're known for being remote-first. We've been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Competitive salary and equity where everyone’s an owner
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- $1,500 learning and development stipend
- 401K and more!
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.