Engineering – Product /
TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We encourage our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is seeking a people-centric Engineering Manager who will provide inspirational leadership to our Engineering team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Day-to-day management and leadership of engineers with varied backgrounds in terms of skills and experience levels, including 1:1 coaching/mentoring, career planning & development, goal setting, and performance management.
- Ensuring projects are managed and done well. This can come via direct project management or facilitating this in the engineering team.
- Collaborating with the Product team to plan future projects, roadmaps, and develop strategies.
- Partnering closely with other engineering leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to build trust and help us improve!
- Shaping our engineering culture in a positive direction with transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and growth as the core.
- Rallying your team to feel fired up and inspired! You’ll empower the team to succeed with code, tooling, processes, information, and help from others. You’ll also consistently and systemically help teammates do their best work.
What’ll set you up for success:
- Experience leading and coaching engineering teams through an evolutionary period of rapid growth and change while serving as a role model for an inclusive engineering culture
- Experience working in teams whose customers include other engineers as well as familiarity with our tech stack (Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Datadog, Ruby, Elixir, Typescript, React.js, Kotlin, Swift).
- Experience working across cross-functional teams to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organizational strategy.
- Ideally, you have experience with software focused on B2C and B2B (not a hard requirement though)
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The salary for this role starts at a minimum of $145,000 plus bonus and benefits. This applies to Colorado-based employees only and may be adjusted based on work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides a culture of trust, accountability, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
• We're not just remote, we are remote-first. We've been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap Swag to keep you looking sharp
• Monthly stipend for health & wellness and much more! Click here for the deets!
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.