Senior Software Engineer - Front-end
Engineering – Engineering /
TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We value trust, communication, and fun more than big company policies. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is seeking a Front-end Senior Software Engineer to join our fully distributed engineering team to help us continue our impressive growth. No matter what your “job” is, you’re welcome to suggest better ways of doing anything. We are all owners. Everyone has a stake in the company.
From a recent hackathon we released the first in industry health check screening for teams to help ensure members are healthy before competition of any kind. This had led our team to win the 2021 Big Innovation Award presented by the Business Intelligence Group!
What do You Need to Succeed
- You have experience leading projects and/or teams building scalable web applications and services.
- Experience and familiarity with React and Redux.
- Experience evolving and improving legacy software applications and services.
- Experience developing solutions that enable others to be more effective in their job and improve their confidence in delivering quality code.
- Ability to debug and fix complex problems that may span a number of systems.
- A strong testing attitude and experience writing valuable automated tests.
- Passion for great solutions and user experience. We want you to be interested in what makes a great product for our customers(whether TeamSnap users or other developers).
- Willingness to work with others to help build a better frontend ecosystem at TeamSnap.
- Enjoy working on a collaborative, fully distributed and self directed agile team communicating directly in zoom swarms to asynchronous within slack
- A sense of humor… or at least sympathy-laugh at our bad jokes.
- A willingness to travel (when it’s safe) to other parts of the country for all company gatherings, team meetings, conferences, and the like.
- Involvement in youth or adult recreational sports, as a player, parent or coach. We’d love for you to experience firsthand how our customers use our product and how it could be improved.
- Ideally you’re a Polyglot that likes to tinker with new languages and frameworks to keep your skills sharp(e.g. Ruby, Elixir, Golang, Typescript, GraphQL).
- Been a part of a distributed agile team.
- Experience working with functional programming concepts.
- Opinions on code structure, reuse, and component libraries.
- Experience with automated testing, CI/CD and release management.
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Dolittle-style.
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides you with a phenomenal culture, opportunities to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. Benefits include:
- We’re not just remote, we’re known for being remote-first.
- We’ve been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Competitive salary and equity where everyone’s an owner
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- $1,500 learning and development stipend
- 401K and more!
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.