Entrepreneur Engagement Manager
Entrepreneur Success – Entrepreneur Success
About the Role
We’re looking for 10 Entrepreneur Engagement Managers to join the team and help us in our mission to build a national network of ambitious tech entrepreneurs.
Champion of your country/region’s ambitious tech entrepreneurs, you will work with local tech organisations, co-working spaces, incubators/accelerators and government to help the next generation of UK-based tech entrepreneurs to raise their game through knowledge, skills, resources and connections.
About Tech Nation
We are Tech Nation, the UK network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations offering the following key programmes...
We empower tech founders to grow faster through our various growth programmes such as Founders’ Network, Future Fifty, and Fintech. But not only that, we also offer end-to-end data, insights, stories & resources, a UK wide community that shares the same entrepreneurial culture, and we are the only approved organisation for the Tech Nation Visa scheme rolled out for exceptional talent.
We’re looking for super-connectors who enjoy entering a room of entrepreneurs and leaving with a stack of business cards and new challenges to solve. You are a self-organiser with a passion for your patch but also keen to learn from your colleagues around the UK and to share what’s worked and not worked to help raise the game across the country. You will be responsible for one of our key countries/regions and we're looking to speak to amazing people across the UK. You’ll share our values of meaningful collaboration, originality and positive impact and our belief that by harnessing the power of digital entrepreneurs we will secure a prosperous and open society across the whole of the UK.
- Map and continually update your country/region’s tech clusters highlighting what’s working well and the gaps in support for local tech entrepreneurs.
- Work with the Entrepreneur Engagement Team to devise and deliver support to the geographical areas and vertical industry sectors identified in the mapping exercise.
- Build effective relationships with local digital ecosystem stakeholders and influencers, including entrepreneurs, investors, advisors and government policy makers, to build support and involvement in the local network and create a sense of shared purpose and value.
- This role will involve regular travel within your country/region with no two weeks the same and regular monthly meetings with the other 10 EEMs and Tech Nation management.
- A typical week will see you working in three different co-working spaces across the region, attending one or two early evening meetups, presenting at a local tech conference and a University Entrepreneur Club and meeting local business leaders in two local clusters!
- Super connector
- Embraces flexibility in work location and routine
- Ability to be diplomatic and aware of sensitivities when engaging with stakeholders
- An understanding of the startup journey and needs at each stage of growth
- Great relationship-building and influencing skills
- Strong positive can-do attitude and delivery skills
- Great communication skills, including presentations, public speaking & in-person networking
Want to know more about day-to-day working life at Tech Nation? Read more about the team you could be part of here.