London, United Kingdom
Marketing – Content
We are looking for a super creative Content Editor. As a Content Editor you will be directly involved in content creation, from research to writing for Tech Nations programmes including the Founders’ Network programme, you will play a big part in achieving our ambitious growth targets.
At Tech Nation we put storytelling and resources at the heart of our content, with stories spanning our campaigns, growth programmes, data and insight projects, events, and, increasingly, our work across our 11 UK clusters. Working as part of a wider Content and Learning team, you will lead our editorial activity to champion, inform, connect and engage the businesses at the forefront of the UK’s digital economy, while telling the story of UK tech.
We need an experienced editor who can own the day to day planning, logistics, and execution of our storytelling activity. Someone to plan the editorial calendar, brief the relevant teams, and make sure stories are delivered on time, to budget, and of the highest quality. You are super-organised, methodical, a great coordinator and understand our sector. You’ll have a nose for a great story, sound editorial judgement, vast contacts, and a passion for digital tech.
Focus of the role?
- Lead our newsroom and manage editorial calendars.
- Support the Head of Content in developing the Tech Nation content strategy and agenda.
- Write, commission, edit, upload and publish insightful interviews, topical features, podcasts and other editorial content of interest to our stakholders
- Proofread and edit content to ensure adherence to editorial and tone of voice guidelines, highlight inaccuracies in information or amend spelling and grammatical errors before the content is published.
- Support the development of Tech Nation’s tone of voice and style guide.
- Help grow the Tech Nation audience through quality content and building an engaged following on social media.
- Keep on top of news, developments and issues related to the UK digital tech sector.
- Get under the skin of what our community is talking about and interested in, by attending events and meetings regularly to build relationships.
- Optimise content by using Google Analytics, keyword search tools and other appropriate tools to optimise copy to meet SEO best practices.
- Produce copy and content to support other marketing activity such as emails, social media, and the marketing of our key programmes including Future Fifty, Upscale, Fintech, Rising Stars and Founders’ Network.
- Conduct video interviews at events from time to time (production skills desirable but not essential).
- Publish content to the Tech Nation website using Wordpress.
The skills and experience you’ll likely have?
- Proven work experience as a Content Editor (or similar role)
- Considerable knowledge and practical experience of output editing, together with a strong interest in the digital tech sector, news, and current affairs
- Understanding and experience of managing people, and ability to motivate and develop editorial staff to make innovative and imaginative contributions to content
- Portfolio of published work
- Excellent writing and editing
- Ability to propose resource requirements to create and execute budgets and planning
- Ability to identify, prioritise and interpret key stories
- Sound editorial judgement
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research
- Newsroom experience an advantage
- Production skills desirable but not essential
Whats in it for you?
- An opportunity to work with the fastest growing tech startups in the UK
- 16 health benefits via Untangl
- Autonomous and flexible work style - be your own leader
- Quarterly team building events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days’ holiday a year (plus UK public holidays)
- A collaborative and fast-paced environment
- A vibrant and diverse team based in central London and Manchester