Junior Partnerships Executive
London, United Kingdom
Commercial – Partnerships
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
We empower tech founders to grow faster through our various growth programmes such as Founders’ Network, Upscale, Future Fifty, and Fintech. But not only that, we also offer end-to-end data, insights, stories & resources, a UK wide community that shares the same entrepreneurial culture, and we are the only approved organisation for the Tech Nation Visa scheme rolled out for exceptional talent.
We are a small but fast growing, high performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact.
Working as part of the Commercial team and reporting into the Strategic Accounts Manager, you will be responsible for account managing a variety of Tech Nation commercial partnerships. By collaborating with internal teams and partners you will drive execution of partnerships that benefit companies on our programmes, our partners and the tech community.
- Maintain and grow exceptional professional relationships: Account manage the day-to-day relationships with key clients delivering against contractual obligations, as well as spotting further opportunities to add value.
- Collaboration is a must: You will be the linchpin between partners and internal stakeholders, and will ensure you deliver multiple partnerships to the highest quality.
- Programme delivery: Support at key programme events to ensure partner representatives have valuable engagement with the companies in our programme cohorts. This will involve representing partner needs to internal stakeholders at planning stage and at live events to ensure delivery meets partner expectations.
- Create reports/work to set KPIs and manage commercial CRM: Track and report on the progress of partnerships and constantly iterate to improve the experience for partners and internal stakeholders.
- Gathering feedback and monitoring partner satisfaction levels. Capturing partner budget cycles, motivations and developing strategy across the lifecycle of the partnership in order to upsell on new products.
- Represent Tech Nation: Attend key industry events to stay connected within the community whilst spreading the vision and mission of Tech Nation and exploring opportunities for new partnerships.
- Keep your team in the loop: Collaborate with the wider team to ensure that partners are being represented effectively in Tech Nation communications.
As well as sharing our ambitions and values, you will
- Be energetic, resilient and excellent at building relationships with a wide range of people.
- Be a self-starter used to using initiative.
- Have good time-management and project management skills.
- Be able to think outside of the box and happy to make recommendations for exploring new business opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Tech Nation Partnerships Executive might look something like this:
- 09:00-09:15 Attend standup for the Fintech programme, address any blockers with partnerships and get tasks for the day/week
- 09:15-10:00 Catch up on emails and messages from partners, marketing team and programme team regarding aspects of your partnerships including events, content, contracting, invoicing, etc.
- 10:00-11:00 Research potential partners for the Growth Programmes and build pipeline spreadsheet
- 11:00-12:00 Call existing Visa partners for your monthly catchup on their partnership
- 12:00-12:15 Update your Visa team on your calls with partners and take actions
- 12:15-13:15 Lunch break
- 13:15-13:45 1:1 with your line manager to set tasks for the week; create sales deck for Tech Nation Report, research potential partners and start outreach
- 13:45-15:00 Commercial team meeting
- 15:00-16:00 Kick-off meeting with new partner for Rising Stars programme, taking notes and actions, raise invoice for a new Rising Stars partner
- 16:00-17:30 Follow up on with notes from the day’s meetings and update your account management tracker for each partner
Does this sound like you?
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously
- Account management experience with ideally at least a years experience working in a fast paced commercial sales environment
- Knowledge of the UK tech scene and understanding of the start up eco system
- Outstanding attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability and confidence to manage both internal and external stakeholders with ease and conviction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet applications
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Untangl, which include access to a cash plan that covers health, protection and well being
- Perkbox - choose your own perks!
- A shiny new macbook
- A 4% employer pension contribution
- A flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- Quarterly team away days.
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
*We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know*.