Entrepreneur Engagement Manager
North East England
Entrepreneur Success – Entrepreneur Success
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
We are a small but fast-growing, high-performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution-oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact.
We’re looking for an Entrepreneur Engagement Manager for the North East of England to join the team and help us in our mission to build a national network of ambitious tech entrepreneurs.
As champion of your country/region’s ambitious tech entrepreneurs, you will work with local tech organisations, co-working spaces, incubators/accelerators and government to help the next generation of UK-based tech entrepreneurs to raise their game through knowledge, skills, resources and connections.
A Day in the Life of a Tech Nation Entrepreneur Engagement Manager might look something like this:
- Develop a detailed understanding of your region’s tech clusters including what’s working well and the gaps in support for local tech entrepreneurs.
- Work with the Entrepreneur Engagement Team to devise and deliver support to the geographical areas and vertical industry sectors in line with Tech Nation’s focus areas.
- Build effective relationships with local digital ecosystem stakeholders and influencers, including entrepreneurs, investors, advisors and government policy makers, to build support and involvement in the local network and create a sense of shared purpose and value.
- Regularly work closely with our Programmes Team to find and engage relevant entrepreneurs to encourage them to apply to our programmes and access our resources.
- Keeping our company systems updated with information regarding relevant contacts in your ecosystem and your interaction with them.
- This ole will involve regular travel within your region with no two weeks the same and regular meetings with the other 10 EEMs, wider Tech Nation teams and management.
- A typical week might see you working in three different co-working spaces across the region, attending one or two early evening meetups, presenting at a local tech conference and a University Entrepreneur Club and meeting local business leaders in two local clusters!
Does this sounds like you?
- Super connector
- Embraces flexibility in work location and routine
- Ability to be diplomatic and aware of sensitivities when engaging with local stakeholders
- An understanding of the startup and scaleup journey and needs at each stage of growth
- Great relationship-building and influencing skills
- Strong positive can-do attitude and delivery skills
- Great communication skills, including presentations, public speaking & in-person networking
- Ability to manage multiple work streams including local ecosystem projects and Tech Nation initiatives and projects.
What's in it for you?
- Untangl, which include access to a cash plan that covers health, protection and well being.
- Perkbox - choose your own perks!
- A shiny new macbook
- A 4% employer pension contribution
- A flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- Quarterly team away days.
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
Want to know more about day-to-day working life at Tech Nation? Read more about the team you could be part of here
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
* We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know*