Future Fifty Programme Manager
London, United Kingdom
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
We empower tech founders to grow faster through our various growth programmes such as Upscale, Future Fifty, and Fintech. But not only that, we also offer end-to-end data, insights, stories & resources, a UK wide community that shares the same entrepreneurial culture, and we are the only approved organisation for the Tech Nation Visa scheme rolled out for exceptional talent.
We are a small but fast growing, high performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact
As a Programme Manager at Tech Nation, you will manage a diverse range of projects from inception and requirements definition through to delivery.
We are looking for someone to bring their knowledge and experience of agile project management to an environment focused on fast-paced delivery.
As we scale further, we are expanding our suite of products & programmes, and we need an enthusiastic, adaptable and experienced programme manager to help us deliver this vision.
Working in dedicated agile teams, your work will directly impact our key audience - the founders and executive teams of the UK’s fastest scaling tech companies. This role requires effective communication and management across all multiple disciplines such as events, content marketing and digital development. You will also have a proven track record of communicating with C-Suite stakeholders and senior management teams, as well as managing a cross-functional team with a variety of priorities.
For this specific hire we are looking to align a Programme Manager to our flagship Future Fifty programme, working in the exciting and fast paced world of startups, accelerators and venture capital. Future Fifty is the UK’s premier programme for scaleups, focused on accelerating the growth of technology companies who have secured a Series B+ and are likely to be the UK’s next unicorns. The programme fosters an intimate peer network that allows companies to explore and tackle key challenges to scaling a successful tech business, and you’ll play a key role in facilitating this exciting activity.
We are looking for someone with a desire to make an impact for a group of extraordinarily talented founders and the aim of building a network of investors and startups.
As well as sharing our ambitions and values, you will
- Have experience of delivering online and offline projects using agile methodology or working within agile businesses.
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills: multi tasker & motivator with influential skills.
- Be able to build strong relationships to achieve results and has experience working at c-suite executives or managing senior stakeholders.
- Be an advocate of agile and is passionate in developing agile teams and leaders across the organisation.
- Be self-motivated, curious and comfortable working independently.
- Have a proven ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity.
- Be committed to quality, with the will to drive improvements.
- Has an understanding of the tech ecosystems and is data driven in their approach.
A Day in the Life of a Tech Nation Agile Programme Manager might look something like this:
- Project delivery: a core member of the cross functional project team, key activities include: programme application phase, venue and speaker search and briefing, organising and attending events, writing email newsletters, tracking attendance and NPS.
- Relationship management: engaging with key team members across functions to drive effective project delivery.
- Project management: responsible for the successful delivery of a project, on time and on budget. Using agile methodology, this includes facilitating project kick off, daily standups, stakeholder meetings, showcases and retrospectives.
- Stakeholder management: manage the external profile of your project, ensuring that stakeholders are consistently engaged with your purpose and mission.
- Budget and financial management: work with the project team to accurately estimate an agreed scope of work. Track and report financial status of a project against current estimate.
- Scope management: manage the project backlog to ensure projects are delivered within agreed scope. Manage colleagues assertively.
- Change agent: facilitation of idea scrums, coordination of teams to get projects off the ground, further embedding agile best practice within Tech Nation’s
- Discovery: work closely with Product Owners, taking part in project discovery and presentation of new business cases to the executive team. Endeavour to find innovative ways to support founder growth through natural curiosity.
- Data management: Keeping records up to date and updating project KPIs
What’s in it for you?
- Untangl, which include access to a cash plan that covers health, protection and well being.
- Perkbox - choose your own perks!
- A shiny new macbook
- A 4% employer pension contribution
- A flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- Quarterly team away days.
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
Want to know more about day-to-day working life at Tech Nation? Read more about the team you could be part of here
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.