Business Intelligence Analyst
London, United Kingdom
Operations – Product & Delivery
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
We empower tech founders to grow faster through our various growth programmes such as Founders’ Network, Upscale, Future Fifty, and Fintech. But not only that, we also offer end-to-end data, insights, stories & resources, a UK wide community that shares the same entrepreneurial culture, and we are the only approved organisation for the Tech Nation Visa scheme rolled out for exceptional talent.
We are a small but fast growing, high performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be responsible for developing a strong understanding of our performance across all our activities, and to develop and implement a repeatable process for monitoring and reporting it. You’ll have the opportunity to work across teams, getting to know all that is going on in the organisation and challenging teams on how they assess and improve their performance.
You will be responsible for creating material reporting on the organisation’s performance to the Exec Team, our Board of Directors and multiple government funding bodies.
You will also be instrumental in deriving and driving the adoption of OKRs, creating forecasts for business cases, using statistical and analytical techniques to understand the key drivers towards achieving GVA and target outputs.
You will have a mentality of continuous improvement and strong analytical and interpersonal skills. You will enjoy working in a delivery focused, agile startup environment. It is a stand alone role so must have the maturity to work independently on a day-to-day basis and have the wisdom to know when to collaborate, delegate and/or escalate.
A Day in the Life of a Tech Nation Business Intelligence Analyst might look something like this:
- As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will influence decision-making through the quality and depth of analytical insights and recommendations for improvement. You will be a thought-partner with the COO and Exec team and in particular, you will focus on the following:
- Performance Reporting and Analysis - You'll be responsible for optimising our performance reporting structure and repeatable process, optimising our KPI dashboard and synthesising performance trends and business performance. We'll be looking for you to identify and highlight opportunities for performance improvement and develop reporting material in a succinct, visual manner.
- Analytical support for various forums - You'll drive strategic analysis and provide recommendations for ad hoc requests, both from within the team and externally, inputting performance forecasts and targets for business cases through scenario modelling.
- Building a performance-focused culture - You'll work with delivery teams throughout the lifecycle of programmes to ensure that the right KPIs and targets have been set, making sure that a focus on outcomes and performance are integrated into everything we do.
Does this sound like you?
- It is a senior level role so you should have at least 5 years experience in a similar role
- You have a solid track record of reliably monitoring performance metrics
- You preferably have experience working in an agile, startup environment
- You're an excellent communicator and collaborator at all levels
- You have superior business judgment based on skills and experience
- You have awareness of data visualisation principles
- You back up your opinions with data and clear well-structured cases, and have strong analytical skills
- You are execution-focused and have a proven record of success in complex environments
- You're results-driven, high-performing, high-quality work attitude
- You have a high threshold for ambiguity and maintain a professional demeanour under pressure
- Expert Powerpoint and Excel skills
- You are an evangelist for data-driven decision-making and relish the challenge to introduce performance management discipline into the Tech Nation team.
What’s in it for you?
- Untangl, which include access to a cash plan that covers health, protection and well being
- A shiny new macbook
- A 4% employerA flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- Quarterly team away days
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic background. Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
Want to know more about day-to-day working life at Tech Nation? Read more about the team you could be part of here
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
* We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know*.