Visa Programme Manager
London, United Kingdom
Operations – Product & Delivery
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
We empower tech founders to grow faster through our various growth programmes such as Founders’ Network, Upscale, Future Fifty, and Fintech. But not only that, we also offer end-to-end data, insights, stories & resources, a UK wide community that shares the same entrepreneurial culture, and we are the only approved organisation for the Tech Nation Visa scheme rolled out for exceptional talent.
We are a small but fast growing, high performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrator / Manager from any sector to gain unique exposure to the talent and immigration landscape, particularly in relation to the UK tech sector.
The Visa Programme Manager will have an important role in helping Tech Nation expand the Tech Nation Visa programme (officially known as Tier 1 Exceptional Talent), which is increasingly vital to the growth of the UK tech talent pipeline.
Tech Nation is an endorsing body for the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa route, operating on behalf of the Home Office in order to apply our sector expertise to process visa endorsement applications specifically for foreign nationals wishing to work in the UK tech sector.
The Programme Manager role has two key areas of focus on; internal service delivery and external engagement. Working directly with the Head of Visa and the Home Office to administer the Visa application process, you will take ownership of internal Visa processing and be responsible for the management and reporting of confidential data, in addition to supporting Tech Nation Visa applicants with their enquiries. You will also help develop and deliver external engagement activities, working closely with the Alumni of Tech Nation Visa in order to promote and maintain the effectiveness of the Tech Nation Visa.
A Day in the Life of a Tech Nation Visa Programme Manager might look something like this:
- Oversee the Visa application process, ensuring the effective handling of visa applications within required time constraints and help develop the process through continual improvement.
- Manage and help to develop the group of external advisors who assist Tech Nation with visa assessments.
- Keeping this group informed and managing their availability and capacity will be vital.
- Share ideas for any improvements for the Tech Nation Visa in order to meet the objective of increasing both the number and quality of applications received.
- Assist with Visa related communications, including drafting & updating policy guidance, attending relevant Home Office roundtables and preparing immigration briefings (to share both internally and externally with key stakeholders).
- Work with the Head of Visa and other departments (such as Marketing, Events and Tech Nations national Engagement Managers) on outreach and engagement in order to raise awareness of the Tech Nation Visa and increase exposure to potential Visa applicants.
- Oversee the relationship and activities between Tech Nation Visa and the Alumni Network.
Does this sound like you?
- We welcome applicants with no prior experience of immigration, visas, or the tech sector, however you will possess a proven administrative background and can demonstrate the use of these skills within a team environment and where others have been reliant on your contribution.
- Proficient at managing existing processes and capable of developing or improving processes as necessary.
- Confident of learning digital tools and platforms and navigating new systems.
- Possess excellent data handling and reporting skills, in addition to document creation and editing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and are both confident and professional with handling highly confidential and sensitive data.
- Able to demonstrate good relationship management skills where it has been important to keep people informed in timely fashion.
- Coordination of other people’s time and involvement through the use of meetings, conference calls and basic diary management.
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role in which you thrive, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
*We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.*