Upscale Programme Lead
London, United Kingdom
Operations – Programmes
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
We empower tech founders to grow faster through our various growth programmes such as Upscale, Future Fifty, Cyber, Fintech. But not only that, we also offer end-to-end data, insights, stories & resources, a UK wide community that shares the same entrepreneurial culture, and we are the only approved organisation for the Tech Nation Visa scheme rolled out for exceptional talent.
We are a small but fast-growing, high-performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution-oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact
This role offers the opportunity to carry forward the successful Upscale Programme: a six-month peer to peer learning programme for some of the most exciting Series A Digital Tech companies in the UK. While delivering a structured series of events and online learning resources you will be required to build and maintain relationships with leading entrepreneurs and investors to further develop the Upscale community and remain the leading programme for scaling Digital tech companies. This role requires a flexible and creative mindset alongside exceptional execution ability. This is a unique opportunity to continue to build Tech Nation’s business lifecycle offerings
As Upscale Programme Lead, you are responsible for end to end programme delivery, from pre-programme, mid-programme and post-programme activity. This is an extremely hands-on role and involves everything from managing the company selection process to delivering an exceptional quality experience, to developing and maintaining engagement with a wide variety of stakeholders. In particular, working with your Tech Nation colleagues you will focus on the following:
• Programme Development & Iteration
• Programme Educational Content
• Application sourcing and judging
• Recruitment and selection of Scale Coaches
A Day in the Life of a Tech Nation Upscale Programme Lead might look something like this:
- Programme Design: Building a programme structure from the Tech Nation Programme’s playbook to deliver an impactful Programme
- Relationship Management: Engaging with the Founders and c-suite of the Upscale Programme companies online and at events
- Project Delivery: Leading the cross-functional project team whose key activities include: venue and speaker search and briefing, organising and attending events, writing email newsletters, tracking attendance and NPS
- Project Management: Overall responsibility for the successful delivery of a project, on time, on budget and achieving its core KPIs Securing key speakers and coaches to deliver the core sessions of the Programme
As well as sharing our ambitions and values, you will
- Have experienced an equivalent community programme or leadership experience at a fast scaling business (Series A and beyond)
- Experience setting up or leading projects that requires creativity and flexibility with a operational/execution focus
- Understanding of challenges faced by scaling companies
- Demonstrable Project management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication (Both verbal and written)
- Experience that demonstrates you are a doer/go-getter
- An ability to make complex decisions with incomplete information
- Persuasion and influencing skills
- You strive for constant improvement
What's in it for you?
- Untangl, which include access to a cash plan that covers health, protection and well being.
- A shiny new macbook
- A 4% employer
- A flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- Quarterly team away days.
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
Want to know more about day-to-day working life at Tech Nation? Read more about the team you could be part of here
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.