People Operations Assistant
Operations – HR
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
We empower tech founders to grow faster through our various growth programmes such as Upscale, Future Fifty, Applied AI, Cyber, Fintech and Rising Stars. But not only that, we also offer end-to-end data, insights, stories & resources, a UK wide community that shares the same entrepreneurial culture, and we are the only approved organisation for the Tech Nation Visa scheme rolled out for exceptional talent.
We are a small but fast-growing, high-performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution-oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact
Our team is based across our two Tech Nation offices in London and Manchester, and in 12 co-working spaces across the UK.
We are looking for a super People Operations Assistant to organise and coordinate admin and operations in our Manchester offices. This is a dual role will report into the People Lead in London and work closely with the Head of Entrepreneur Engagement in Manchester which will support the operational side of the business and well as the People Lead when it comes to people admin
This role is to ensure the daily running of the Manchester office as well as supporting our remote teams that sit across the country with a bit of People admin thrown in for good measure,
A Day in the Life of a Tech Nation People Operations Assistant might look something like this:
- The operations side of the role:
- Act as the point of contact in the Manchester office, support the Office Manager with any day to day office activities in locations outside London.
- Be the super-user when it comes to AV equipment and ensuring the Manchester office is set up for success for all employee meetings as well as external meetings.
- Working with the London based Office Manager to make sure our teams can work seamlessly between locations.
- Support the Office Manager and People Lead when greeting new starters and ensuring their right to work has been done as well as setting up building passes and ensuring the hardware is ready for their start.
- Be the point of contact for any employees visiting from outside the Manchester office.
- Support in managing our remote Entrepreneur Engagement team, including organising off-sites and diary co-ordination.
- General operational support and assisting the Head of Entrepreneur Engagement in the daily running of the Entrepreneur Engagement Manager team.
- Ad hoc support with the coordination of any national events run by the Entrepreneur Engagement team
- The HR side of the role:
- Forming and maintaining employee records
- Updating databases internally, such as sick and maternity leave
- Preparing and amending where necessary HR documents, i.e. employment contracts and recruitment guides
- Communicating with external partners (i.e our benefit providers)
- Being the first point of contact for employees on any HR-related queries
- Assisting with payroll, ensuring that we have all the correct documents in place for processing
Does this sounds like you?
- Looking for a varied role to get your teeth into
- This is a brand new role, so the willingness to grow it into what you want it to be.
- Experience in either an operational role or HR
- Have next level organisation skills
- An eye for detail, nothing gets past you!
- Knowledge of office equipment, such as AV
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you’re a people person!
- An Interest in Tech and startups
What's in it for you?
- Untangl, which include access to a cash plan that covers health, protection and well being.
- Perkbox - choose your own perks!
- A shiny new macbook
- A 4% employer pension contribution
- A flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- Quarterly team away days.
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
Want to know more about day-to-day working life at Tech Nation? Read more about the team you could be part of here
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
* We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know*.