Lawtech Executive Delivery Function (EDF) Executive
London, United Kingdom
Comms & Stakeholder – Comms & Stakeholder
Fix term contract
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be part of the new lawtech Executive Delivery Function (EDF) at Tech Nation. The EDF is the engine room of the LawTech Delivery Panel (LTDP), set up to transform the legal sector through tech. You can read more about that and Tech Nation’s appointment here.
This role will provide the all important administrative firepower, structure and support to enable the LTDP to be a success. The role will work with the Head of EDF and the EDF Director, Jenifer Swallow.
This is an extremely hands-on role and involves everything from managing complex panel meetings with challenging agendas, staying on top of a multi-track programme of activity, to dealing with some of the most interesting and cutting edge lawtech firms in the UK
- Providing the secretariat for the LTDP, including organising Panel and working group meetings, producing high quality minutes, presentations and other materials, and undertaking a variety of operational tasks to ensure the effective functioning of the LTDP
- Providing operational, administrative and secretarial support for the EDF team, to ensure its smooth running and success
- Assisting in the production, design and delivery of research, data analysis, programme materials, events and online presence
- Working closely with the Head of Lawtech EDF and EDF Director to ensure they are fully supported in delivering a successful lawtech programme
- Ensuring strong relationships with the legal and tech communities and beyond.
As well as sharing our ambitions and values we are looking for someone with this sort of profile:
- A passion for and track record in administration and/or providing secretarial support, including meeting management, presentations and events, document management, coordinating with stakeholders and their teams, working with various tech
- Experience in the legal sector and a passion for lawtech and where it is going
- A dynamic mindset and ease with handling multi-track activity at pace, keeping on top of the details, with laser focus on priorities
- Excellent communication, in person, in writing, in design, including the ability to build trusted relationships; community engagement experience a plus
- An ability to make complex decisions with incomplete information
- A desire to support others to ensure the overall success of a project and knowing the important part you play in that Integrity and the ability to sprinkle magic into a working environment and get those things done that nobody thought of
What's in it for you?
- Tech Nation benefits such as Untangl, which include access to a cash plan that covers health, protection and well being and Perkbox
- A 4% employer contribution to pension
- A flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- Quarterly team away daysA shiny new macbook
We are a small but fast-growing, high-performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution-oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact.
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role in which you thrive, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
*We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.*