Head Of Communications
London, United Kingdom
Communications – Communications
We are looking for an ambitious and driven Head of Communications. You will play a key role in the development of the Senior Management team, whilst reporting into the CEO, shaping the growing department and delivering top level comms.
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations offering the following key programmes:
We empower tech founders to grow faster through our various growth programmes such as Founders’ Network, Future Fifty, and Fintech. But not only that, we also offer end-to-end data, insights, stories & resources, a UK wide community that shares the same entrepreneurial culture, and we are the only approved organisation for the Tech Nation Visa scheme rolled out for exceptional talent.
Focus of the role:
- Develop, direct and implement a communications plan to position Tech Nation as the leading voice in the UK tech landscape and successfully manage the organisation’s transformation journey.
- Develop and manage innovative communications campaigns that incorporate all traditional and digital channels and media, and which can be considered best-in-class.
- Write reactive and proactive statements to media speedily, when required
- Provide counsel to the leadership team on communications initiatives to accelerate business outcomes and manage reputation, including crisis communications.
- Participate in crisis management planning, including establishing crisis communication policies and procedures. Offer real-time crisis management guidance and support.
- Guide and support the CEO in his role as chief spokesperson for Tech Nation, serving as a co-strategist on messaging and outreach approach. Ensure the CEO is well briefed and that his time spent in communications-related activities is highly productive.
- Support and position the Executive and Senior Leadership Team as thought leaders, validators and advocates for Tech Nation.
- Create strong links to our influencers, press, stakeholders and staff by connecting them to the value of our offer and amplifying our unique positioning.
- Accelerate our social media participation and presence by driving authentic, meaningful conversations and thought leadership positions relevant to our target audience groups and partners in association with our Content Teams.
The skills and experience you’ll likely have are:
- Senior level communications leader, with a passion for all things tech, who thrives on taking the complex and making it meaningful, understandable, compelling, and personal.
- A passion for tech, politics and media and enjoy taking a rich, complex message and boiling it down to its essence.
- Significant experience envisioning, developing, and implementing successful and comprehensive communications campaigns across multiple stakeholders and a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience as a strategic advisor working directly with senior executives, strong collaborator with the ability to partner across a mix of constituents and organisations.
- Demonstrated success in developing, refining and promoting a message and building relationships with key press and influencers.
- Superior writing as well as interpersonal communication and presentation skills and the ability to connect with a variety of audiences, including a refined and nuanced ability to craft and disseminate messages in ways that reflect, engage and enhance various complex cultural perspectives.
Whats in it for you?
- An opportunity to work with the fastest growing tech startups in the UK
- 16 health benefits via Untangl
- Autonomous and flexible work style - be your own leader
- Quarterly team building events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days’ holiday a year (plus UK public holidays)
- A collaborative and fast-paced environment
- A vibrant and diverse team based in central London and Manchester