London, United Kingdom
Marketing – Events
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
We empower tech founders to grow faster through our various growth programmes such as Founders’ Network, Upscale, Future Fifty, and Fintech. But not only that, we also offer end-to-end data, insights, stories & resources, a UK wide community that shares the same entrepreneurial culture, and we are the only approved organisation for the Tech Nation Visa scheme rolled out for exceptional talent.
We are a small but fast growing, high performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact
Champion of the ambitious tech entrepreneur, the Events Executive will help deliver an annual calendar of original and exciting events across the UK with a focus on optimising delegate experience.
We're looking for a passionate, confident, super organised and proactive individual who has experience in events to join our new London office. If you are right for us, you will have great attention to detail, excellent communication skills and be able to work using your own initiative and under pressure.
A Day in the Life of a Tech Nation Events Executive might look something like this:
- Execution: Responsible for the delivery of epic events from idea conception through to live delivery
- Delivery: Dedicated to delivering an optimised delegate experience and driving attendance
- Account Management: Managing external contractors and suppliers, including the relationship with external ‘Events Management’ companies for larger scale events
- Reporting and Analytics: Ensure that event data is properly captured for future KPI / NPS reporting and assist with any post-event follow up with participants and partners
- Budgeting: Working hands-on and collaboratively with your colleagues, taking ownership of relevant event budgets that are assigned to you, and reporting on the status of these budgets as required
- Planning: Assist with forward planning and prioritisation to prevent ‘last minute’ scenarios
As well as sharing our ambitions and values, you will
- Experience in an events focussed role
- Super organised with the ability to multitask effectively within a pressured and fast-moving environment. Can you spin all the plates?
- Meticulous planner, able to ensure all deadlines are hit on time and within budget
- Experience of managing budgets
- Excellent team player
- Personable and quick to build strong and positive relationships with various stakeholders including entrepreneurs, partners, sponsors, corporates, and VIPs
- Stakeholder management and ability to manage agencies, suppliers and projects
- Knowledge of the Tech ecosystem in the UK an advantage
- Passion for creative thinking and willing to share ideas with the team
What’s in it for you?
- Untangl, which include access to a cash plan that covers health, protection and well being.
- Perkbox - choose your own perks!
- A shiny new macbook
- A 4% employer pension contribution
- A flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- Quarterly team away days
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
Want to know more about day-to-day working life at Tech Nation? Read more about the team you could be part of here
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.