Head of Lawtech Executive Delivery Function (EDF)
London, United Kingdom
Comms & Stakeholder – Comms & Stakeholder
Fix term contract
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be part of the new lawtech Executive Delivery Function (EDF) at Tech Nation. The EDF is the engine room of the LawTech Delivery Panel (LTDP), set up to transform the legal sector through tech. You can read more about that and Tech Nation’s appointment here.
This role will be about running that EDF engine room, to make sure the LTDP delivers on its objectives - heading up, informing and driving the operations, work programme and secretariat.
Working with Jenifer Swallow as EDF Director and with one other dedicated team member, you will have exposure to the lawtech sector and its diverse stakeholders, working with them to effect targeted change. Working at the intersection of the public and private sector, you will access and advance cutting edge tech and innovation and the thinking that comes with that. You will deploy and develop a variety of skills and have the opportunity not only to help step change the legal sector, but to take your strengths and career to the next level.
This role is extremely hands-on, requiring a dynamic approach, alongside exceptional execution ability and excellence in communication.
What is involved:
- Informing, shaping and driving forward the work programme to deliver on the objectives of the LTDP, including responsibility for EDF operations
- Helping bring together and magnify the lawtech ecosystem, including via a strong communications strategy
- Providing deep, broad and timely intelligence on the lawtech market globally and developments as they arise; facilitating and producing high quality research; undertaking data analysis and reporting.
- Overseeing the all important secretariat support for the LTDP
- Providing leadership for the Lawtech EDF Executive role.
As well as sharing our ambitions and values we are looking for someone with this sort of profile:
- A passion for lawtech and the future of the sector
- Solid experience working in legal services and/or a lawtech business
- Demonstrable experience of and passion for delivering impact
- An ease with complexity and multi-track projects, excellence in project management and organisation
- An aptitude for research, horizon scanning, statistics and data handling
- A track record of dealing with senior stakeholders
- A strong capacity to self-start and take task through from beginning to end
- Excellent communication, in person, in writing, in design, including influencing skills, perhaps also community engagement
- Experience in managing budgets
- An ability to make complex decisions with incomplete information
- Always working towards positive progress;
What’s in it for you?
- Tech Nation benefits such as Untangl, which include access to a cash plan that covers health, protection and well being and Perkbox
- A 4% employer contribution to pension
- A flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- Quarterly team away days
- A shiny new macbook
We are a small but fast-growing, high-performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution-oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact.
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role in which you thrive, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
*We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.*