Future Fifty Programme Lead
London, United Kingdom
Entrepreneur Success – Entrepreneur Success
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
We empower tech founders to grow faster through our various growth programmes such as Upscale, Future Fifty, Applied AI, Cyber, Fintech and Rising Stars. But not only that, we also offer end-to-end data, insights, stories & resources, a UK wide community that shares the same entrepreneurial culture, and we are the only approved organisation for the Tech Nation Visa scheme rolled out for exceptional talent.
We are a small but fast-growing, high-performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution-oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact
Our team is based across our two Tech Nation offices in London and Manchester, and in 12 co-working spaces across the UK.
This role offers the opportunity to carry forward the successful Future Fifty, the flagship programme for Tech Nation.
Future Fifty is the UK’s leading late-stage growth programme, bringing together the country’s most successful tech companies to build a powerful network and problem-solve with peers.
The programme supports these companies in achieving their global ambitions, creating jobs and opportunities across the UK and Internationally. Inspiring the next generation of tech entrepreneurs, founders and businesses. While delivering a structured series of events you will be required to build and maintain relationships with leading entrepreneurs and their c-suite to further develop the Future Fifty and remain the #1 programme in the late-stage space.
This role requires a flexible and creative mindset alongside exceptional execution ability. This is a unique opportunity to continue to build Tech Nation’s business lifecycle offerings
A Day in the Life of a Future Fifty Programme Lead at Tech Nation might look something like this:
- As Future Fifty Programme Lead, you are responsible for end to end programme delivery, from pre-programme, mid-programme and post-programme activity.
- This is an extremely hands-on role and involves everything from managing the company selection process to delivering an exceptional quality experience, to developing and maintaining engagement with a wide variety of stakeholders. In particular, working with your Tech Nation colleagues you will focus on the following:
- Programme Development & Iteration
- Programme Educational Content
- Application sourcing and judging
- Recruitment and selection of speakers and judges
In particular you will be expected to:
- Develop a pipeline of candidates for the Future Fifty programme
- Outreach to relevant companies via direct contact and through partners
- Engage and provide information to all interested candidates
- Implement a clear judging process utilising the advisory board and judges
- Conduct interviews with programme candidates
- Maintain speedy and concise communication with the companies, speakers, advisors and other stakeholders
- Maintain a vibrant alumni network of founders and work closely with the alumni manager.
- Network to continually source advisors and experts who can add to the programme
- Work with partners of the programme to ensure they are informed about activity and supported in meeting the agreed objectives
- Close collaboration with the wider Tech Nation team
- Facilitate roundtables
- Number of companies successfully engaged on programme
- Overall programme and session Net Promoter Scores (NPS)
- National reach and Diversity metrics
- Community engagement metrics
Does this sound like you?
- Running an equivalent community programme or leadership experience at a fast scaling business (Series B and beyond)
- Experience setting up or leading projects that requires creativity and flexibility with an operational/execution focus
- Understanding of challenges faced by late-stage growth companies
- The experience that demonstrates an understanding of current trends in start-ups &technology and an awareness of the major players and resources.
- Understanding of the IPO and M&A spaceExperience managing senior stakeholders
- Experience engaging with executives Experience with facilitation (roundtables)
- Project management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication (Both verbal and written)
- Experience that demonstrates you are a doer/go getter
- An ability to make complex decisions with incomplete information
- Persuasion and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic, friendly and understand how to persuade a group
- You strive for constant improvement
- Humility- willing to admit what you don’t know and tenacity to find and engage people who do have the answers
- Results-driven, high-performing, high-quality work attitude
What's in it for you?
- Untangl, which include access to a cash plan that covers health, protection and well being.
- Perkbox - choose your own perks!
- A shiny new macbook
- A 4% employer pension contributionA flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- Quarterly team away days.
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
* We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know*.