Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
Marketing – Content
Who we are
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations.
We empower tech founders to grow faster through our various growth programmes such asFounders’ Network, Upscale,Future Fifty, and Fintech. But not only that, we also offer end-to-end data, insights, stories & resources, a UK wide community that shares the same entrepreneurial culture, and we are the only approved organisation for the Tech Nation Visa scheme rolled out for exceptional talent.
We are a small but fast growing, high performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no.’ We’re solution oriented and focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech Nation. Which is why we love it here and never take it for granted.
Our values are: originality, meaningful collaboration and real impact
As a Graphic Designer at Tech Nation, you will work with the marketing teams to produce high quality work on our campaigns across all our growth teams. We are looking for someone able to work autonomously, with support from the senior graphic designer. Overall you will be able to produce work that is on-brand and high quality, with a keen eye for detail.
A Day in the Life of a Tech Nation Mid-Weight Graphic Designer might look something like this:
- Work closely with the senior graphic designer to deliver exceptional quality work that is on brand and to the highest standard
- Work closely with different departments: Work with the Marketing and Programme teams to fulfil design requirements across a wide range of digital, social & print campaigns
- Manage the design process from start to finish: From initial requirements gathering to delivery of final artwork
- Manage your time efficiently in order to hit company deadlines whilst working on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Focus on brand consistency: Upholding brand consistency & design integrity, you’ll work closely with the senior graphic designer as ‘brand guardians’
As well as sharing our ambitions and values, you will
- Have a creative edge: Be able to think creatively, be detail oriented and believe in consistently whilst delivering high quality designs
- Skilled in creating visual designs: Experience in creating compelling visual designs, with strong typographic skills
- Excellent at time management: Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy
- An independent worker: Be responsible, reliable and able to work independently
- Used to managing processes from scratch: manage the design process from start to finish
- Enjoy creating relationships: Build solid, collaborative relationships and manage multiple stakeholders
- Understand brand guidelines: An ability to follow, maintain and evolve brand guidelines
- Passionate about the design industry: Have a passion for the design industry and awareness of emerging trends & techniques
Does this sound like you?
- Significant proven experience in graphic design or other communications design field
- Experience conceptualising and executing a wide range of design projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You’ll be highly proficient in design programmes including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Powerpoint/Keynote
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, or a similar software, would be beneficial though not essential
- Experience in creating engaging content for various social media platforms would be beneficial though not essential
- Understanding and experience of print processes and techniques
What's in it for you?
- Untangl, which include access to a cash plan that covers health, protection and well being.
- Perkbox - choose your own perks!
- A shiny new macbook
- A 4% employer pension contribution
- A flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- Quarterly team away days
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
Want to know more about day-to-day working life at Tech Nation? Read more about the team you could be part of here
Now that you’re done reading, apply!
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.