Manchester, United Kingdom
Operations – Product & Delivery
We are Tech Nation, the UK Network for ambitious tech entrepreneurs. Our mission is to empower ambitious tech entrepreneurs to grow faster through knowledge and connections. We want to make the UK the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital business to build an economy fit for the next generation. As a high growth startup ourselves, we are a neutral player sitting right at the heart of the ecosystem of high growth digital businesses, policy-makers and corporations offering the following key growth programmes including Founders’ Network and Rising Stars.
About the Role
As a Programme Executive at Tech Nation, you will report to the Programme Manager to deliver on a diverse range of small and large projects including Founders’ Network and Rising Stars. Other projects include research projects, digital projects, streamlining processes and scaling initiatives. Working in dedicated agile teams, your work will directly impact our key audience - the founders and executive teams of the UK’s fastest growing tech startups. This role requires effective communication, excellent attention to detail and a can-do attitude to deliver across disciplines such as events, content marketing and digital development.
Focus of the role
- Liaise with events to confirm venues, catering and AV, order event merchandise and setup Eventbrite.
- Ensure the CRM is always kept up to date with venue, speaker, application and attendance data.
- Be a point of contact for cohort members for any queries around travel or programme arrangements.
- Create and send welcome emails and slack channel invites.
- Liaise with speakers: create and distribute speaker agendas, book travel and accommodation.
- Liaise with vendors: invoicing, agendas, parking and travel requirements.
- Support in the creation of an online member directory by sector.
- Reach out to prospective companies via email and LinkedIn to encourage them to apply to the programme.
- Provide first line customer support: Answering emails from prospective companies/entrepreneurs.
- Collate and track event feedback and creating reports.
As well as sharing our ambitions and values, you will
- Super organised with the ability to multitask effectively within a pressured and fast-moving environment.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Confident communicator with excellent written and spoken english.
- Proficient using spreadsheets and a GCSE in maths.
- Personable and quick to build strong and positive relationships with various project team as well as entrepreneurs.
- Willingness to be flexible in the role and be a true team player.
- Self-starter who is able to take initiative and loves solving a challenge.
Why build your career at Tech Nation?
- An opportunity to work with the fastest growing tech startups in the UK
- 16 health benefits via Untangl e.g. Gym Discount, Dental, Health Scans, Private Medical Insurance
- Autonomous and flexible work style - be your own leader
- Quarterly team building events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days’ holiday a year (plus UK public holidays)
- A collaborative and fast-paced environment
- We’re a vibrant and diverse team based in central London and Manchester.