Operations – Visa Scheme
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrator / coordinator from any sector to gain unique exposure to the talent and immigration landscape, particularly in relation to the UK tech sector. The Programme Coordinator will have an important role in helping Tech Nation (formerly known as Tech City UK) expand the Tech Nation Visa, which is increasingly vital to the growth of the UK tech talent pipeline.
The Programme Coordinator will work directly with the Head of Tech Nation Visa to administer the Visa application process, taking ownership of Visa processing and supporting Tech Nation Visa applicants with their enquiries. You will undertake important internal data management and reporting and be responsible for the handling of highly confidential data. In addition, you will assist with associated outreach and engagement work, including small scale events, in order to promote and maintain the effectiveness of the Tech Nation Visa.
We welcome applicants from both London and Manchester
Scope and focus of the role:
- Oversee the Visa application process, ensuring the effective handling of visa applications within required time constraints and help develop the process through continual improvement;
- Share ideas for any improvements for the Tech Nation Visa in order to meet the goal of increasing the number of applications received;
- Assist with Visa related communications, including drafting & updating policy guidance, attending relevant Home Office roundtables and preparing immigration briefings (to share both internally and externally with key stakeholders);
- Work with the Head of Tech Nation Visa and other departments (such as Marketing & Events) on outreach and engagement in order to raise awareness of the Tech Nation Visa and increase exposure to potential Visa applicants.
Main responsibility areas & key tasks:
- Assist with the rollout of the Tech Nation Visa online platform and ensure incoming applications are being processed in a timely fashion;
- Responsible for ensuring any internal databases are kept up to date and functioning accurately;Manage our network of Visa Expert Partners in order to ensure that we are able to process the numbers of applications received;
- Respond to incoming enquiries and assist applicants with the visa process;
- Offer support and guidance across Tech Nation’s programmes and the companies we work with;
- Work with the Head of Tech Nation Visa and Home Office on improving policy guidance, including putting together templates of recommendation / cover letters to provide more complete information for applicants;
- Work closely with the events team to organise quarterly breakfast events and alumni meet-ups to continue informing the tech ecosystem about the Tech Nation visa;
- Help to ensure all materials are kept up to date with upcoming immigration changes;
- Assist the Marketing team to raise awareness of the Tech Nation Visa by highlighting relevant content, gathering case studies and improving FAQ;
- Continue to collect, monitor and report KPIs for the visa programme.
Personal Attributes & Skills
- You are process driven and enjoy creating, evolving and maintaining functional and accurate systems;
- Ability to prioritise and schedule, basic project management would be desirable;
- Capable of coordinating multiple internal and stakeholders, such as working closely with the events team and external partners or tech community to successfully deliver small scale events;
- You are personable and able to quickly build strong and positive relationships with various stakeholders including entrepreneurs, mentors, partners, sponsors, corporates, government and high-profile organisations or individuals;
- Experience of working with senior-level / official persons would be of benefit;
- You are committed to high standards, derive satisfaction from completing tasks and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and care for your work.
- We welcome applicants with no prior experience of immigration, visas, or the tech sector, however you will possess a proven administrative background and can demonstrate the use of these skills within a team environment and where others have been reliant on your contribution;
- Confident of learning digital tools and platforms,and navigating new systems;
- Possess excellent data handling and reporting skills, in addition to document creation and editing;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and are both confident and professional with handling highly confidential and sensitive data;
- Proficient at managing existing processes and capable of developing or improving processes as necessary;
- Able to demonstrate good relationship management skills where it has been important to keep people informed in timely fashion.