Chicago, Illinois /
Business Development – Marketing /
TechNexus Venture Collaborative finds, funds and grows technology ventures, leveraging a unique alignment of relationships in the technology ecosystem to provide leading corporations with a platform to engage ventures, transform business models and ultimately drive innovation. Since 2007, TechNexus has brought together more than 500 startups with dozens of global corporate partners. Equal parts entrepreneur, strategist, and investor, we Rethink Growth.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as Marketing Manager. The individual should have 3-5 years experience in digital marketing (preferably in venture capital, consulting, tech communications, or adjacent industry). You will have the opportunity to work closely with our network, starting with our team members, founders, and ecosystem partners to distill knowledge and help build and scale the TechNexus brand and other evolving TechNexus businesses. Core responsibilities include the strategic & key operational activities involving content, CoLab initiatives, growth/nurture marketing execution (i.e., corporate events and programming, sponsorship, thought leadership, networking, etc.) and social media. You'll work closely with the Director of Collaboration and Marketing Coordinator.
General Marketing: Build an audience, create content, strategize and execute. You’ll be doing everything from creating new marketing campaigns, managing our multiple websites and continuously building out improvements, measuring and sharing processes and performance. You’re skilled and resourceful when it comes to content creation and enjoy getting your hands dirty.
Strategy Execution: Can effectively communicate a voice and tone for TechNexus and varying CoLabs and tweak depending on the platform, especially Twitter and LinkedIn; develop and manage our content strategy, devise new ideas, write and edit original content for our blog. Plus, work closely with our Collaboration team to plan and co-run events for our corporate partners, portfolio, and community.
Engage Audiences: Plan, manage, and maintain growth marketing or nurture marketing campaigns (i.e., corporate event sourcing, programming, networking, managing attendance and execution, etc.). Contribute social media marketing efforts to drive brand awareness and engage with core audiences on multiple platforms; Opportunities to work closely with TechNexus's portfolio founders on their needs as they pertain to brand, content, PR, media strategy.
Trends, Tools, and Tracking: Stay on top of social media industry trends and the competitive landscape. Master process management/project management tools such as Notion and many others. Oversee the key KPIs, deliverables, and milestones of core projects.
- 4-6 years experience in digital marketing (preferably in venture capital, consulting, tech communications, or adjacent industry).
- Self-driven and highly motivated with an ability to take initiative and execute a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously; self-starter, thrives in autonomy, 'fail fast, pivot, go'
- Curious and comfortable with ambiguity
- Motivated, organized; Leadership mentality, entrepreneurial spirit, and interest in venture capital, startups is a mustStrong organizational skills, strict attention to detail and ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of success with content marketing in a B2B environment. Including a portfolio of articles, white papers, case studies, presentations, and briefings
- Some experience working with marketing tools such as HubSpot, MailChimp, Buffer, Wordpress/Elementor, or similar (i.e., basic understanding of email marketing platforms, social media platforms, website platforms)
- Desire to work in a collaborative, entrepreneurial company and drive immediate results
- Visual design experience is a plus (Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience in coordinating audio content (Podcasting, Clubhouse, other) is a plus
- SEO and Google Analytics experience is a plus