Chicago, Illinois /
Operations – Community, Front Desk /
Community, Front Desk
TechNexus Venture Collaborative finds, funds and grows technology ventures, leveraging a unique alignment of relationships in the technology ecosystem to provide leading corporations with a platform to engage ventures, transform business models and ultimately drive innovation. Since 2007, TechNexus has brought together more than 500 startups with dozens of global corporate partners. Equal parts entrepreneur, strategist, and investor, we Rethink Growth.
Our receptionist is responsible for being the face of the organization from our collaboration center and managing operations and inflow of our community.
- Facilitating and assisting with the overall upkeep and organization of reception, as well as the TechNexus conference space and board rooms.
- Front line of the office - develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with collaborators and all staff, greet and direct guests as they arrive. In addition, managing client relationships, expectations, and the overall satisfaction of guests, collaborators and visitors.
- Lead all daily staff communication, efficiently delegating and supporting tasks as needed.
- Oversee the collaborate inbox and voicemail, respond to both efficiently and quickly; manage external communication through website and general boxes to the TechNexus team.
- Lead for all event reservations, needs, follow ups and checklists. Ensure all paid bookings are confirmed and invoiced accordingly, recording data. Team member in event sales, striving to achieve sales goals on a monthly basis
- Point of contact for any daily building issues and requests.
- Identifying and creating opportunities for better operational processes that can be implemented across staff and operational processes.
- Technical liaison, must understand how to perform simple technology and audio visual related tasks.
Required Skills/Physical Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Commission for new event sales: In addition to your annual salary, you are eligible for a commission of 2% of monthly event sales totals (cash) over $15,000/month, that will be paid out quarterly. With the commission structure, we expect you to work closely with other team members to help drive event sales, growth and revenue.
Monday - Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
Scheduled Hours: 80 hours bi-weekly