Mavenoid - Machine Learning Engineer
Remote - Europe /
Techruiter Clients (PRIVATE) – Mavenoid /
Mavenoid is the world’s first hardware troubleshooting platform. We’ve built a virtual assistant and other tools that help customers set up, use, and troubleshoot everything from dishwashers and printers to robotic lawnmowers, EV chargers and electric scooters. With iconic brands like HP and Jabra as clients and $40 million in funding from top VC firms like Creandum and Point Nine Capital, we’re reinventing technical support for physical products. Having recently raised our Series B in August, we’re entering an exciting phase of growth but are still small enough for each new person to have a big impact on the company as a whole. As an international virtual-first company, we have office optional culture with Mavens located over North America and Europe (offices in New York, Stockholm and Amsterdam)
CTO: Gintautas Miliauskas: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gintasm/
Company Size: ≈ 85 people
Engineering Team: 10 people
Funding: Series B of $30M…Total Funding of $40M
Location: Fully Remote
Founded by a team from Palantir and Google, they are automating technical support so there’s less conversation with online chatboxes and more real troubleshooting for your products.
The core of Mavenoid is the diagnosis engine. It uses an AI that works a lot like the human brain when it solves problems. It’s the first platform that enables you to automate troubleshooting of advanced technical problems. Not just the simple stuff.
They have two core parts of their platform: a self-service system and then a live support systems with a real agent - by combining these two, Mavenoid can offer live interactive video support whilst helping companies compile their technical documentation for enhanced accessibility.
With live support, Mavenoid gives companies access to interactive video tools, whereby a customer connects directly with a human agent who can draw on a screen to illustrate which component needs to be addressed.
Mavenoid combines Open AI’s GPT-3 language model and proprietary algorithms - this essentially means that Mavenoid takes care of all the content-scraping (documentation, manuals, FAQs, etc.), and optimises the knowledge base structure specifically for automated hardware support. This is designed for more complex questions that traditional bot-builders would likely struggle with, and follows a non-linear model that considers the specificities of the problem while using natural language understanding (NLU) to identify the real intent behind a user’s support request.
In short, Mavenoid promises to truly understand a query, rather than simply finding and matching keywords. This increases the chances of finding a resolution to the problem, rather than simply deflecting queries and complaints away from customer support teams.
- You will be part of the ML team at Mavenoid, shaping the next product features to help people around the world get better support for their hardware devices. The core of your work will be to understand users’ questions and problems to fill the semantic gap. The incoming data consist of textual conversations, search queries (in the order of 100Ks conversations or 1Ms of search queries per month), and documents.
- You will help to process this data and assess new NLP models to build and improve the set of ML features in the products. Pragmatic and focused on efficiency, you will work from exploration to delivery in cloud services.
- The stack is in Python and relies on GCP cloud services. On the library side, you will use the well-known NLP/deep learning packages, including SpaCy, Huggingface, and OpenAI GPT3 API (among others).
- The team is not dogmatic but pragmatic on which library to use for each approach as long as it can be packaged for production.
- Impact across the core product as an early joiner of the team
- Remote-first policy: work from home or, if you prefer, from one of our offices in Stockholm, New York City or Amsterdam
- Employees’ work-life balance: flexible working hours and 25 days paid leave + national bank holidays.
- ** Employees’ wellness: free food during working hours, bi-weekly meditation sessions, and up to $500 as a Health Perk.
- Professional growth: unlimited books, three days off for personal development and up to $2,400 for courses and conferences
- Regular company trips and remote activities
- Strong equity covered by the EMI scheme
** In office