Engineering Manager - Data Platform
Current Openings – Software Engineering /
Let's talk data! 350gb per hour, 400,000 decision requests per second!
You may not be actively looking, but this one is hard to miss. There aren’t many places in London that can offer this level of Data.
Do you want to lead a Platform Team that receives over 350gb of data an hour and responds to 400,000 decision requests each second, with petabytes of analytical data to work with? My client is an award-winning, global leader and technology innovator in location-based data, analytics, and advertising. They help brands such as McDonalds to understand and reach their current and potential customers and drive real-world business outcomes.
They’re headquartered in London, venture capital backed, financially successful and stable, and looking forward to continued growth.
We use technologies like Spark, AWS, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, BigQuery, Kafka, ScyllaDB, Druid, and Postgres and we’re constantly looking at how we can do things better.
You will be technically fluent and consider yourself a hands-on leader. You will report into the CTO. They have embraced WFH and expect to continue this indefinitely, with occasional face-face meetings in their Engineering Hub in Edinburgh, or in the London office.
They are the market leaders in Geo Location Data Services and are pioneering the technology, ahead of Facebook and Google, despite having only a fraction of the manpower. They are led by arguably one of the best technology leaders in Europe as their CTO.
- Build, lead, and manage a cross-functional engineering team to design, deliver, support, and iterate data products and infrastructure
- Drive a culture of Lean Development and ensure that the team you’re responsible for operates efficiently and effectively
- Empower and mentor team members to improve their craft, deliver high-quality products, and develop themselves as individuals
- Work cross-functionally to build a great engineering culture
- Help identify and take advantage of new and innovative opportunities for commercial and technical growth
- Ensure that our products and services are built and operate to a high standard and anticipate the future
- Own some non-trivial technical responsibility, to help lead with empathy, mentor from experience, and maintain visibility on our key infrastructure
Company bank-holiday - an extra bank-holiday
Free eye tests
Day off on your birthday!
Early finish Friday - because you deserve it
Gym – subsidised gym membership