Full-stack Engineer - Agricultural AI
Current Openings – Software Engineering /
How can we feed a population growing so rapidly?
I am working with a client whose mission is to improve our agricultural future - leaving a positive impact on human nutrition, through the use of modern technologies.
The idea? To have fully autonomous greenhouses outside each and every city in the world, to secure our food system against climate change and population growth.
Our technology stack isn’t set in stone. You will bring your own experiences and knowledge to improve it.
- You will have a chance to work within an ambitious, mission-focussed team. These people are some of the best around, with backgrounds from Palantir, DeepMind, Oxford University and Cambridge University. Founders Fund, who backed SpaceX and Palantir believe in us and have backed us in our mission.
- Excellent software engineering is at the forefront of all that we do!
- Our team is tasked with the delivery of the infrastructure, on top of this we provide autonomous growing services to high-tech greenhouses. You will develop the core platform which is used by those on the ground, growers and the Advanced Control Team.
- You will be absolutely essential to the success of our business and our ability to scale globally.As a software engineer, you will interact with technical and non technical users to discover what can be implemented to meet objectives and what you can do to build this.
- You will be an expert in full software engineering lifecycle - Design, development through to successful deployment. You will be expected to be able to identify when an existing solution can be used to meet a requirement, whether that be open-source or commercial.
Over to you
- We would like you to have expertise in two or more of these areas:
- Architecting cloud infrastructure
- Building interfaces with onsite environment sensors and controllers
- Implementing user interfaces that allow team members to monitor, control and intervene
- Creating mobile tools to streamline data collection.
- Strong engineering background. Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
- 3+ years of Software Development experience
- Knowledge and experience with some of the following: RESTful API’s, embedded systems, cloud infrastructure, test automation, front-end frameworks, storage frameworks, distributed and parallel systems, CI/CD infrastructure and containerisation
- Good working knowledge of Python or an interest in learning it.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Able to thrive in a fast paced startup environment