ZOE - Product Engineering Manager
Remote - Europe /
Techruiter Clients (PRIVATE) – ZOE /
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, their personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US, and with a waitlist of more than 250,000 in the UK, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
They are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Their collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, they are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. They are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join their team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, you can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
ZOE value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. They are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. They want their teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and they prioritise the well-being of all team members
Check out what life is like for their Engineers at the ZOE Engineering page
- The product engineering teams build the software that powers the core ZOE experience. They help their members achieve their health goals and give them access to the best nutrition advice that science can offer.
- The cross-functional teams have unique challenges: they turn science into delightful user journeys, programs and recommendations that lead to life-changing experiences. They combine mobile development with backend, machine learning and deep domain expertise.
- Leading 2 teams of 5 engineers each, focusing on outcomes over output
- Coaching, mentoring and developing high-performing engineers and teams. Ensuring high psychological safety
- Partnering with product and data science teams to establish the roadmap and achieve sustainable throughput while iterating fast
- Challenging engineers on system design, scope or sequencing to deliver faster while decreasing the technical debt. You are not afraid to dive into a very technical conversation
- Actively tackling any bottleneck in the system, wherever they are
- Contributing to the evolution of the architecture, tools and processes
- Partnering with other engineering managers on cross cutting initiatives like hiring or onboarding
You'll be a great fit if you...
- Have proven experience in software engineering. While this role is not hands-on, you still consider yourself a software engineer at heart
- Have a great reputation of leading a distributed full-stack team, in a fast pace environment. You have managed 6+ direct reports before
- Are someone who takes ownership and is comfortable with ambiguity. You provide clarity and make things happen
- Have an appetite to work closely with our product team to test and release new ideas fast
- Are data-driven. You challenge teams to measure impact and demonstrate added value
- Have great communication skills. Both verbal and in writing
What ZOE can offer you...
- Stock options for all employees, be rewarded long-term, for your contribution to ZOE's growth
- Remote first - Work from home, their London office, or within the EU. Get yourself set up comfortably at home with a WFH equipment budget
- 28 days annual leave - 25 days as standard, 2 company reset days to reset and recharge, and 1 Life Event day per year to use on the day that means most to you
- Pension plan - ZOE will contribute to your pension plan, and you can top up what you like
- Enhanced parental leave scheme
- Private healthcare and life assurance packages
- Health and wellbeing packages- including Employee Assistance Program and Cycle to work schemes
- Allocated monthly social budget