Software Engineer - Java
Current Openings – Software Engineering /
I am working with a Data Privacy Software startup that has been named one of the fastest-growing startups in London. They solve complex data privacy problems such as digital watermarking and data anonymisation which helps businesses keep their data private. So far, they have raised over $150M in funding and are now in a phase of hyper-growth.
Ideal candidates for this role learn and adapt quickly. You’ll combine state-of-the-art technologies with leading-edge algorithms to understand and tackle hard data security and data watermarking problems.
They hold engineering practice to the highest standard and value strong expertise in advanced algorithms, concurrent programming, and a focus on writing well-tested code.
- The more Java experience the better
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or a Science or Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable interest and knowledge of maths, big data, security, or privacy.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience building a software product, ideally over the full life cycle from design to production and ongoing support and enhancement
- Experience of and commitment to automated testing
- Ability to deliver results with rapidly evolving propositions, client demands, and business needs
- Experience in multithreading or concurrent programming
- Experience building complex distributed systems
- Exposure to Big Data technologies, for example, Hadoop, Spark, Apache Nifi, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Cassandra.
- Understanding of software security and threat models, and experience building secure applications
- Experience with Amazon AWS and other cloud platforms
If this has your attention, click apply to learn more...