Current Openings – Software Engineering /
Imagine working for a company that’s ahead of the curve and can help predict the future…right I know.
We’ve partnered with an industry pioneer in science, health and AI. We’re talking world wide coverage and groundbreaking research. Gathered in this start-up company are some of the best respected nutritionists and scientists from some of the world's leading universities. They happen to be on the lookout for a Data Engineer; this is where you come in!
Key responsibilities for this role:
Create a sophisticated and flexible data processing process that is smart enough to handle new modelling techniques and technologies. Collaborate and work with Data scientists to help simplify their research and automation. Be forthcoming with information on how best to improve parts of the architecture, tools and some processes. Build tools to access models, quality and automate rollout.
Must have for this role:
* Working with SQL Experience working in a start-up like environment.
* Working with frequent ambiguity and thinking on your feet. Experience building API’s with microservices, ideally using Kubernetes.
* Working with clean code languages like, Python, Go, Java, Typescript, C#, or anything similar.
* Having a technology agnostic mind set. Using whatever tool to solve problems collectively.
* Sound understanding of Distributed Computing and trade- offs between various software architectures, relating to performance, resiliency/fault tolerance, data consistency and much more.
Nice to have:
* BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalently rigorous discipline.
* Previous experience with data processing framework, like Spark or similar
*A passion for lifelong learning and self development, whether it be events, reading software engineering books.Experience with Python machine learning libraries. Understanding of CI/CD and release process.
What can we offer you:
* Direct contribution in fighting against COVID19
* Competitive salary and share options
* A chance to make the world a healthier place, fun learning environment. With cutting edge science across biology and genomics.
* An exciting early-stage start-up environment, where funding is the least of worries.
* Strong commercial team that has amassed billion-dollar revenue in business.
* A crucial role as one of the first colleagues in a truly world-class multidisciplinary and diverse team.