Project Management Intern
Tech Talent Staff – Tech Talent Jobs /
The Tech Talent Project Project Management Intern will coordinate and oversee operational and research tasks within and among various projects, draft and edit correspondence, and provide operational support for the team, including with the Executive Director on specific projects. The Project Management Intern’s primary project will focus on strengthening the United States’ ability to deliver services by helping federal agencies fill critical technical positions with modern technical experts.
The Tech Talent Project Project Management Intern reports to the Federal Placement Director of the Tech Talent Project. To learn more about Tech Talent Project, visit techtalentproject.org.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage a detailed work plan and liaise with partner organizations to ensure projects are completed on time
- Provide updates to stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Learn and utilize project management best practices Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Research key federal government documents and report findings to the project team
- Prepare correspondence for the Executive Director
- Work on their primary projects and provide support to the team where necessary
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Rising senior, graduate student, recent graduate and/or student in gap year preferred
- Experience managing projects in a professional setting
- Experience with collegiate level research and analysis
- Examples writing in a clear, concise, and coherent manner
- Familiarity with the tech industry and/or government preferred
- Strong communicator
- Exceptional people skills, the ability to identify wants and needs and connect and empathize with strangers
- Proactive with strong follow-through and willing to do the work to complete a job
- Demonstrates discretion and comfortable handling confidential information
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented and analytical
- Sense of humor
Applications for the Project Management Intern are currently open. The deadline to apply is August 1, however, applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected. Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and a brief previous writing sample.
Project Name: Tech Talent Project
Position: Project Management Intern
Ideal Start Date: Late-August
Status: Part-time (~15 hours per week)
Salary: $15.00 - $20.00/hour, commensurate with experience
The Tech Talent Project is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working. Our benefits package includes paid time off.