Tech Talent Staff – Tech Talent Jobs /
The Tech Talent Project Communications Intern reports to the Executive Director and Chief of Staff of the Tech Talent Project and supports the team’s communication work. The role is focused on the creation of materials and related content for a variety of distinct stakeholders.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Research and draft content in collaboration with the ED or VP of Partnerships and colleagues across teams.
- Draft material for internal and external stakeholders.
- Catalog existing assets to support programming activities and other engagement opportunities, including talking points and remarks, presentations, pre-reads and follow-ups. These events range from large-scale events to individual donor visits and meetings to steering committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of content for presentations and other communications needs of the Executive Director.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Junior in college or above preferred.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills and ability to turn detailed, complicated information into concise, easily understood language.
- Experience with research and analysis.
- Examples writing in a clear, concise, and coherent mannerProficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint) and Google Drive.
- Familiarity with the tech industry and/or government preferred.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strong communicator
- Exceptional people skills, the ability to identify wants and needs and connect and empathize with strangers
- Proactive with strong follow-through and willing to do the work to complete a job
- Demonstrates discretion and comfortable handling confidential information
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented and analytical
- Sense of humor
Applications for the Communications Intern are currently open. The deadline to apply is August 1 but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected. Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and a brief previous writing sample.
NVF Project Name: Tech Talent Project
Position: Communications Intern
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Non-exempt, part-time (25-30 hours/week)*
Salary: $20.00 - $25.00/hour
End Date: November 30
*If the applicant is still in school, we expect the position to be approximately 20 hours per week once school resumes
The Tech Talent Project is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.