Federal Partnership Director
Tech Talent Staff – Tech Talent Jobs /
The Federal Partnership Director leads Tech Talent’s work to manage federal relationships, match, and help recruit leaders with modern technical expertise to help the federal government achieve critical economic, policy, and human outcomes. The Partnership Director reports to the ED and is a critical partner in achieving the organization’s mission.
NVF Project Name: Tech Talent Project
Position: Federal Partnership Director
Status: Exempt, full-time
Salary: Between $140,000 - $170,000, depending on experience
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and references by Wednesday, September 29.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Build and maintain relationships with federal stakeholders, key network contacts, and other organizations working in this space, with a special focus on leading Tech Talent’s US of Tech partnerships.
- Build and maintain strong networks in the tech industry and government.
- Work in close concert with the rest of Tech Talent staff to align this project with the rest of the organization’s work.
- Collaborate with the executive team to help continuously improve Tech Talent’s recruiting strategy.
- Drive the execution of this strategy, ensuring that the workstream hits key deadlines and milestones.
- Help identify and engage top recruits from diverse backgrounds, particularly outside of Silicon Valley. In addition, engage recruits referred to the project through a network of volunteers and advisors.
- Build and own the relationship between Tech Talent and recruits, ensuring that recruits’ needs are met and guiding them to a commitment to join the government. Match recruits appropriately with speakers, advisors, and opportunities to keep them warm, excited and engaged.
- Supervise any contractors or employees required to complete this work, including managing the work of other team members to support the recruiting workstream, as necessary.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- At least 8+ years’ experience working in modern technology, the federal government, and/or recruiting--and ideally, a combination of at least two of these.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and maintain a network of high-demand professionals to achieve a goal.
- Experience leading a team, with or without formal authority.
- Strong dedication to Tech Talent’s mission to serve the country and a desire to share that mission with others.
- Willingness to be scrappy and do whatever work is necessary to complete the project.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strong networks inside and outside of the tech industry and/or government.
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours in order to meet with recruits when and where they are available.
- Discretion and political savvy
- Exceptional communicator
- Well organized, detail-oriented
- Sense of humor
The Tech Talent Project is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.